This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » USB memory stick issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: USB memory stick issues
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need a bit of help rather urgently so I would be obliged if you could help. I'm using a laptop that is connected to the company network. The network has f, q and t drives. The laptop is getting it's knickers in a twist and is trying to assign the USB stick the letter F. How do I get around this?

It recognises the stick (I get Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 trying to get files from f:/<usbdisk> but when I go to My Computer it isn't there). I've tried restarting but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're running a Windows machine, open Windows Explorer, right-click on the computer and select Manage. When the Computer Management dialog box appears, select either Removable Storage or Disk Management in the tree view (can't remember which, it's blocked at work, but I think it's the first one), and it'll allow you to assign drive letters to specific devices.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you know a filename on the stick. Put the stick in your laptop, and do a filesearch. If it finds the file, no worries.

Failing that, this might help.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks both, much appreciated.
Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC