This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Plan My London Trip for Me (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Plan My London Trip for Me
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and the new Planetarium in Greenwich Park, next to the Royal Observatory is great, the view from the top of the hill is spectacular and you can have a mosey round the Royal naval College while you're there.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"1) Where to eat?

Say I want a really good meal in London but don't want to break the bank. Where should I go?"

What's your definition of breaking the bank? Are you talking about good places to eat each day, or a one-off special?

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tubby does tours? What kind?

He's a bona fide London guide, which almost rhymes.

Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On restaurants:

Latium (http://www.latiumrestaurant.com/) on Berners Street is probably my favourite London restaurant - £28.50 for three courses, always a great meal.

Lemonia is further afield (Primrose Hill) but decent value as a non-fancy, family-friendly Greek Cypriot restaurant. Needs to be booked as it's always busy.

The Chancery on Cursitor Street used to be very good value for money as they had a semi-permanent 50% deal on weekdays, but it seems to have ended.

http://www.london-eating.com/ is a very good website for finding restaurants. Take some reviews with a pinch of salt but it's generally reliable.

[ 25.03.2008, 20:17: Message edited by: Crusoe ]

Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oolon Colluphid LLB
Member # 123

- posted      Profile for Oolon Colluphid LLB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your visit also coincides with the London marathon (on the 13th), which I think is a great thing to go and watch. You can cheer on Rick Derris and Malc.
Posts: 3194 | From: a Distance' is a rubbish song | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're going to the design museum you could pop upstairs to Blueprint which is an ex conran restaurant with fantastic views of the thames.

For a great indian meal consider mirch masalla on Commercial Road. It's cheap and brilliant. Take your own booze.

The Tower Bridge exhibition is a good thing to do if you are interested in how the victorians overengineered everything with the consequence that it still works.

I like the London Museum and a boat trip from the Tower to Greewich is always nice. If you walk up the hill to the obeservatory there is a nice little planetarium.

[ 26.03.2008, 03:30: Message edited by: fritz in a fez ]

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say Sir John Soanes' House, the Inns of Court, the Courtauld Institute (free on Monday mornings) and the Tate Modern - all brilliant. My favourite place to visit in London is the Imperial War Museum, where I can spend hours and hours.

For eating, try Le Deuxième on Long Acre.

Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC