This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » The Wire (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The Wire
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received. Rocking good news. I always said you were more rad than Freddie Krueger and Michael Myers.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I told Inca, I'm a wirevangelist.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Wirevangelist is a guy called Charlie Brooker, who I'm sure you're aware of.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just seen episode 10 of the 4th series and Proposition Joe is a sneaky character.

I will not say any more so as not to spoil the show.

I hear the actor playing Avon has left the show as he was unhappy that Avon was going back to jail.

Jason, are US schools really that bad?

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen that episode yet (how did you see it already? I think they're only up to episode 6 or somthing for this season), but some urban school districts are that bad. I went to what is considered a pretty good urban school district, and even then some of the schools were in bad shape, didn't have funds for enough books, etc.

Even within the same school district, there can be some big discrepancies between schools based on the neighborhood that they're in. I went to elementary and middle school in the same suburban neighborhood, and they were good schools. But my high school was in the city, and it was a different story--I drove my wife around the campus one day, and she was shocked to see barbed wire on top of the fences, trash not picked up, etc. I never really thought of that as being uncommon.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TG, worse. It's like in season 1, the squalor and poverty was shocking, and the worse ever seen on American TV, but in reality that wasn't even close to the worst ones. Baltimore is so screwed.

Some of these principals deserve the death penalty for how many lives they're screwing up. Criminally incompetent.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week's episode was SFG--So Fucking Good. It ended, and I was itching to see the next one. I'm guessing that there are 13 episodes for this season, and that was Episode 6 of this season.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*MINOR SPOILER BELOW*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

The scene with Randy in the assistant principal's office was great--you could feel the show nearing a hill, and when he said the words "I know about a murder," it reached the top and started to head down the other side. I can't wait to see how things play out.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell you if you want Inca?

If you wish to download the whole series of The Wire before it is even out in the states send me a PM.

That School is bloody scarey Jason, I went to a pretty bad school by UK standards but nothing was that bad.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apinamies
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for apinamies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or he could just search the torrents and download the episodes, there are several hundred seeders for these files.

13 episodes is correct. And yes, this is a great show, better than Sopranos.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

I don't do torrents. I've never gotten any download I've tried to work, and I don't have too much room on my hard drive.
Malcolm X
Member # 45

The final episode of The Wire was a bit of a let down with the storyline just tying up very briefly where eveyones situation. it just gave the feeling that the program makers felt that another series wouldn't be commissioned.

I will not put out any more spoilers.

Inca
Member # 675

Last night was the second-to-last episode, and it left me feeling nauseous. Everything is turning to shit, and I'm worried for the characters that I care about the most (Bubbles, Randy, Prezbo) because you just feel that some bad stuff is going to happen.
Inca
Member # 675

Slate has been running conversations between people about each episode of The Wire and had a long interview with David Simon about the show--cut to the chase, there's one more season of the show, which will include the media as its next focus.
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just bought series one and two on Play and have the the third series in my desk at work. I forsee a weekend marathon sometime on the horizon.

Plus season four starts on FX on 13 Feb. I hope you lot are right or I've lost myself 50 beans.

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

I'm getting ready to enjoy a Wire marathon next week courtesy of the boy in the ski mask. Can't wait.
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC