This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Lost (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Lost
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have heard episode 20 is a corker, should get my disc monday
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
trying to stretch this section from Film to Film/TV section

Splitter!

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first two and a half episodes of the new series.

And no more, I think. The ratio of flashbacks to new plot has now reached infinity (the first advert break on C4 happened while they were still on the "previously on Lost" bit!). I love the characters and the atmosphere, but unlike Twin Peaks, say, there's not enough intelligible stuff happening in the hear and now.

Polar bears, others, numbers, stolen babies- it's not adding up to much, is it?

[ 06.05.2006, 13:00: Message edited by: Diggedy Derek ]

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's supposed to come together at some point, isn't it?

The episode they showed here this week was a piss-take though. Supposedly a new batch of revelations about what happened to the two camps of crash survivors, it was a rehash of everything we've seen before -- nothing at all revelatory in that episode. I actually became quite angry at the producers wasting my time.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's how I feel about it, all the time. The creator claims it does come together at one point, but he's bound to say that.

Overall, if I was 15 and reading this in 2000AD, I would be loving it. In fact, it would almost certainly be a lot better, as it would have more action and intruigue, instead of innumerable tedious romantic interludes.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This past week's episode — so the Signora tells me — was a bit of a shocker and has temporarily revived her flagging interest. Like Twin Peaks, though, the eventual denoument of Lost will be unlikely to have been worth the investment in time on the part of its audience. For this type of episodic 'single-big-mystery' driven story to work it needs to be relatively short (cf: The Prisoner), or contain a lot more plot and character development than network productions general favour. The writers should all go away and read lots of Dickens or Eugène Sue.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree about the cliff hangers, to find out what is in the hatch takes about 4 episodes, each from a differnet persons perspective

it stops doing that after this event

I agree with adc, its not worth the investment, but thats the same as following a football team

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

just seen episode 20

its got it going on

The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, 20's a killer. Final two-hour show is on tonight! They're clearly appreciating the fact the World Cup is just around the corner, and there'd be no time to mix the two.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I agree with adc, its not worth the investment, but thats the same as following a football team.
When was the last time a TV programme won a cup final?
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not sure it actually won it as such, but Pet Rescue was in the Chelsea team that beat Middlesbrough in 1997.
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When was the last time your team won a cup final, GY?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least it has, though. And we've got the prestigious FA Trophy to look forward to this year. Lost won't be parading any silverware on an open-top bus any time soon, will it?

[ 24.05.2006, 22:33: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

Lost might win a couple of Emmys though. I will then confront all the West Wing and Sopranos fans and serenade them with: "You're not singing anymore..."
rick derris
Member # 1115

quote:
GY, you miss the point (i think on purpose)

you start watching it, get into it, get a feel for it, wait for the next performance and get used to good and bad ones knowing how bad it is you will be there for the next one

when was the wsc article in which a derby fan of 35 years stated he recalled 5 games he enjoyed

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC