This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Lost (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Lost
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So have any of you caught up, and seen all of series 2 now?

I'm desperate to start posting spoilers!

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes!!

saw the last few episodes of season 2 today

its much better than season 1

i have a theory about whats going on, shall we start a lost spoilers thread that people who havent seen it dont have to look at.

was it portugese those guys were speaking? (dont think i am giving away too much saying that)

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not many of us around here so I better admit I watch Lost as well.

Personally I thought the end of season 2 was ok, and made me want to continue watching. A good thing as most of the rest of it had raised some serious doubts over whether I could really be bothered with it anymore.

Think i've given up on getting any answers soon, and just enjoying the other aspects of it, the scenery, the acting (especially Locke, Henry and Mr. Ecko) and the general silliness of it. I'm surprised something full of such wacky sci-fi, and with such a large budget, got comissioned.

Thanks to the person who sent me a couple of DVDs of the beginning of the second series before it was on C4. As some sort of recompense (I never did send that fiver), here are the links to the first episode of series 3, just aired in the US last week. It's a good one. It's looking like the pace of this series might be a bit quicker.

The video is from some sort of Youtube site

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhlym_season3part1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhmx9_season3part2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhmzp_season3part3

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhn13_season3part4

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhn1y_season3part5

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhn3e_season3part6

Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Amor's missed the appeal of Lost. What's great about it is that there are loads of things you want to discover the secret of - it's not building up to a single reveal. So long as they can make you want to watch next week's, they know that it doesn't really matter if things are dropped, make no sense or are never resolved. It's like a neverending campfire yarn. The vast scope for introducing new characters, in what at first seemed to be a very limited format, helps.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So did anyone see the first episode of Season 3, yet? It's as if the first two seasons didn't matter anymore. As Horse says, as long as we can have more characters, it's OKAY.

Haven't they signed the rights to eleven series, or something? God, I can't wait.

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that was a fantastic first 5 mins
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a neverending campfire yarn.

Yes but sooner or later dawn comes and the story must end.

I do understand its appeal I was utterly sucked in by Lynch's effort but I think sooner or later the audience will get frustrated unless there are significant plot resolutions along the way, throwing new characters and new questions into the mix will only work for a while. The medium of American network TV just doesn't lend itself to this type of long-form saga like story telling. Not only are there "seasonal" breaks but the seasons themselves are interrrupted for weeks at a time. The new season of Lost will show six episodes and then go on hiatus for three months apparently. This is not conducive to building an audience under any circumstances and for a show like Lost it will eventually prove fatal. In spite of the recap episodes the viewers simply will not return in suffcient numbers from one of the breaks, the show will disappear and, more than likely, all those questions will never be answered.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mixed reception to Lost on here, but to those who do like it you can watch season 3 as it airs in the US here;

watch lost

Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sky have bought the rights to screen Lost. Fucking Murdoch, you ruinist fuck.
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it's gone, until mid-February anyway.

Of course the article begs the question why networks are locked into a 3035 week season in the first place. I'm pretty sure it's down to advertisers' budget commitments. I'm also certain viewers would be content with a 20 week or shorter season which would get around the real and potential problems, but then no one really cares what they think.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

back on tonight, be buggered if i can recall what happened in the last episode in november mind
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

Here they ran a re-cap episode, like last year. I read an interview recently with the writers who intimated that they were planning on winding it up next year, or the year after at the latest. With that in mind they'd start resolving some of the plot-threads. Of course cynics might say this is just a carrot dangled in front an increasingly confused and fatigued audience.

[ 11.02.2007, 20:32: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dermott had flashbacks in a funny overwrought accent. Basically. And Michael sold out his friends so he can get away with Walt.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

that was at the end of season 2
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack is operating on Ben's tumor and trying to negotiate an escape for Kate and Sawyer.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC