This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » I'm starting a Battlestar Galactica thread (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I'm starting a Battlestar Galactica thread
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just learned that this next season of Battlestar Galactica, Season 4, to begin sometime in 2008, will be the last. I guess that's not actually news but I didn't know that until I heard Katie "Starbuck" Sackhoff confirm it on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night. She was plugging the new Bionic Woman show. She plays the evil bionic woman.

Anyway, it's great that they're quitting while they're ahead, but I thought they probably could sustain the quality for two more seasons.

Everytime I hear the word Bionic, I get an earworm of the theme song to the Six-Million Dollar Man. We LOVED that show when I was a kid, especially the episodes with Sasquatch and that . My brother had the Steve Austin doll. It was sweet. I think we expected too much out of it, however, because it eventually fell apart.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It came out around the end of the third season. I'm disappointed that the best show on US telly (after the Sopranos) is ending, but at the same time the momentum of season 3 dictated it. I really wouldn't want BSG to become another Lost.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. I thought after the fiasco on New Caprica that it would take two or three seasons more to get to earth (or not). But in retrospect, the ending of Season 3 made it pretty clear that it's in the home stretch now.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yes, where the bloody hell is season 3 on DVD?
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperately Seeking
Member # 347

- posted      Profile for Desperately Seeking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BSG to start on March 28 in the states.

I'm so excited that a little bit of wee just came out.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Season 3 DVD (all in one volume, no messing about with 3.0 and 3.5, apparently) to come out on the 18th.

Pants still dry.

[ 20.02.2008, 22:10: Message edited by: Antonio Gramsci ]

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I already had season 3 (and Razor)
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B000OY8NCE
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[deleted - I've just thought, this might be confidential info]

[ 21.02.2008, 15:18: Message edited by: The Horse ]

Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incidentally, you can now download a free BSG total conversion of Freespace 2 here. I can't wait till someone does a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried that GY? Is it a stand-alone thing?
Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

Yeah, it's standalone. I've only played the introductory mission so far, so I don't really have an opinion on its quality yet.
JtS
Member # 68

Horse, which tv channel?
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sky One.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC