This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » No Country for Old Men (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: No Country for Old Men
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can't remember exactly. but he definitely said the dude gave the mexicans a receiver.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Felt
Member # 1061

- posted      Profile for Mark Felt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the beacon wasn't with Llewellyn at that point. I think they found him via the mother in law.
Posts: 783 | From: The Shadows of a Dublin Parking Garage | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I assumed it was the mother-in-law too.
Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Three Burials film any good, Joe?
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was excellent - one of my favourites of 2006 - and I don't even normally like westerns that much (as a genre).

Edit - Three Burials that is, obviously. Though No Country For Old Men is my favourite of 2008 so far.

[ 18.02.2008, 20:44: Message edited by: Jimski ]

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
******************spoiler*********************

Maybe the "boss" dished out 3 tracking device recievers?

edit: forgot about the mother-in-law scene.

[ 18.02.2008, 23:48: Message edited by: Alania Vladikavkaz. ]

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three Burials made me laugh out loud half a dozen times. Excellent film.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is that Three Burials film any good, Joe?
Yes, it's very good.

I don't generally go with the Amazon formula of 'if you liked that, you'll like this' but if you liked 'No country For Old Men'....

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
**********SPOILERS****************

I saw No Country... last night. My first words when the film ended were: "What the fuck?" And I felt a little disappointed because I'm conditioned to expect more linear story-archs, and Chigurh doesn't die et cetera. by the time I got home, I was in awe of the movie I had seen, for pretty much the reasons stated in this thread.

After the film, I went for a leak, and overheard to goons discussing how shit it was. One of the goons was making reference to Peckinpah, which is great, provided you actually sound like you know what you're talking about, not spewing out some hack's half-masticated review. At that moment, I had visions of turning myself into Chigurh (at least he has lots of hair!) and killing these two fuckwits with my gas canister thingy.

I will need to see this film again to really catch all the nuances.

[ 02.03.2008, 08:54: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should probably stick a few "SPOILER" tags in there, G-Man.

I watched The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada last night. Decent, but not a patch on NCFOM. The graveyard digging scenes were strongly reminiscent of Blood Simple.

The fist-brained patrolman character became a bit annoying after a while.

[ 01.03.2008, 15:52: Message edited by: Hieronymus Bosch ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough; I pit a spoiler tag in. Though I can't see why anyone would open a multi-page thread about a film they haven't seen yet if they don't want to encounter spoilers. On the first couple of pages it makes sense to place Spoiler tags: somebody might want to get a sense of how people reacted to the quality of a movie. Surely nobody will enter page 5 of a thread to acquire that information.

Still, no harm in inserting Spoiler warnings. So point taken.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

***************SPOILER***************************My mate and his Mrs saw this last night and he rang me up this morning asking who got the money in the end?.....and I couldnt remember or even remember if I ever knew?

Any suggestions?

G-Man
Member # 104

***************SPOILER***************************

Presumably the Mexicans who whacked Llewellyn.

Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

...............spoiler...........................

The Mexicans were my bet as well. I keep meaning to give the book a try, that might help us hard of thinking in cinemas types.

[ 03.03.2008, 08:35: Message edited by: Alania Vladikavkaz Shinhatsubi ]

garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought chigurh had the money. he buys the kids' shirt with a crumpled bloody $100 bill, echoing llewellyn at the border crossing.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC