This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Stupid things in sci-fi films (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Stupid things in sci-fi films
The 7th Baron Bartok
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for The 7th Baron Bartok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How the hell do you compensate for Heisenberg? Donate to anti-fascist organizations?
Or just go around spreading certainty.
Posts: 4840 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since they have a fundamentally different body chemistry to any other life form, they have some way of transforming matter into energy and vice versa alarmingly efficiently.
Matter into energy and then back into matter again at a rate of well over 100% if they can grow into 8-foot beings without actually ingesting anything more than a single 6-foot human being.

One of the things that makes me sad about Aliens is that its view of the future military was almost 100% taken from Heinlein's Starship Troopers which basically made any film version of Starship Troopers impossible to make without seeming like a rip-off of Aliens. I know, I know, that was the least of the problems the actualStarship Troopers movie had, but still...

Getting back to the original Star Wars theme, I assume everyone here is familiar with the Chad Vader series, but I only recently came across Chad's attempt to create a Vlog which I found highly amusing. Enjoy.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would have told her to go fuck herself with a splintery broom-handle!
Man oh man.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed.

Edit: <...belms self for elementary error...>

[ 28.12.2007, 22:53: Message edited by: Toroweap Fault ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really want "Belms" to be a real word.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is. I mean, I dunno if it's in the OED, but there's no better definition of belming other than... 'belming'. Although Toro's definition of the word may be different.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's that thing kids do where they stick their tongue under their front lip and moan, pretending to be retarded.

That's an English term for it, I think it's (marginally) more agreeable than the Irish equivalent "Christying". As in My Left Foot's Christy Brown...

[ 29.12.2007, 01:43: Message edited by: Toroweap Fault ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link GO posted of the great Izzy bit is found in youtube form here

[ 29.12.2007, 03:24: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC