This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Juno (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Juno
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some do.

Most sound like this.
 -

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sort of. The dialogue's what I'd call heightened. If you removed all the "likes" "whatevers" and "y'knows" and upgraded the average wit and vocabulary quotient by about 20% you'd be getting pretty close to contemporary teenspeak.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't want to 'adopt' her, then Malcolm?
Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this the other night. An annoying part, which began early and remained throughout, was Page's character - I agree with some here that she just wasn't talking like a 16 year old. And it wasn't the sarcasm, nor the nature of it, it was her most elaborate use of language she was using when speaking to all types of people. It was constant and just not believable, and it took away from her humour. All the more frustrating was that amongst these high-brow comedic soliloquays, we had the scene where she visits the prospective adoptive couple for the first time and behaves like the aforementioned Beavis or Butthead at the sight of the house interior.

Aside from that, it's a fine movie. I loved how her boyfriend was scripted - all his conversations were cleverly conducted to highlight his insecurities, with them always being face-to-face and with no opportunity to escape the position he's been put in. The other main characters were well-scripted too - the stepmother and friend in particular. The father was excellent, but we didn't see enough of him.

[ 28.02.2008, 22:18: Message edited by: Impact Substitute ]

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone in the movie spoke that way though. The kid in the corner store who sold her the pregnancy kit, her best friend. Even her parents spoke in slightly curlicued language just not quite the same kind as she did. It was delicious come to think of it I'd like to adopt her best friend too.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should be noted that real people in Elizabethan times didn't talk the way Shakespeare wrote, and yet that doesn't mean his plays are annoying.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

'Xactly.
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Juno - certainly a class above Knocked Up (since people are doing comparisons), and I didn't predict the ending, which can only be a good thing. I also didn't find any problem with her dialogue - whether strictly realistic or not, it certainly wasn't jarring, and that's all that matters. Oh, and Michael Cera is ace.
Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why is juno in love with bleeker?
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

Because he's like the most boss boyfriend ever.
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because Michael Cera proves that Impossible is the Opposite of Possible (if you don't "get it," you probably haven't seen this).
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
those videos are pretty funny, but they don't have much to do with bleeker.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a remake of All the Young Dudes though, which may have come out in 1988.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC