This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Oscar Nominations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oscar Nominations
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best Picture

Atonement
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

Best director

Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Jason Reitman, Juno
Tony Gilroy, Michael Clayton
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Paul Thomas Anderson, There Will Be Blood

Best actor

George Clooney, Michael Clayton
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd
Tommy Lee Jones, In the Valley of Elah
Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises

Best actress

Cate Blanchett, Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Julie Christie, Away from Her
Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
Laura Linney, The Savages
Ellen Page, Juno

Best supporting actress

Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There
Ruby Dee, American Gangster
Saoirse Ronan, Atonement
Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton

Best supporting actor

Casey Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James...
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Charlie Wilson's War
Hal Holbrook, Into the Wild
Tom Wilkinson, Michael Clayton

Best foreign language film

Beaufort, Israel
The Counterfeiters, Austria
Katyn, Poland
Mongol, Kazakhstan
12, Russia

Best animated feature film

Persepolis
Ratatouille
Surf's Up

Best adapted screenplay

Atonement
Away from Her
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

Best original screenplay

Juno
Lars and the Real Girl
Michael Clayton
Ratatouille
The Savages

Best music (score)

Atonement
The Kite Runner
Michael Clayton
Ratatouille
3:10 to Yuma

Best music (song)

Falling Slowly - Once (performed by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova)
Happy Working Song - Enchanted (performed by Amy Adams)
Raise It Up - August Rush (performed by Jamia Simone Nash and Impact Repertory Theatre)
So Close - Enchanted (performed by Jon McLaughlin)
That's How You Know - Enchanted (performed by Amy Adams)

Best documentary feature

No End in Sight
Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience
Sicko
Taxi to the Dark Side
War/Dance

Best documentary short subject

Freeheld
La Corona (The Crown)
Salim Baba
Sari's Mother

Best visual effects

The Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Transformers

Best cinematography

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Atonement
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

Best art direction

American Gangster
Atonement
The Golden Compass
Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
There Will Be Blood

Best animated short film

I Met the Walrus
Madame Tutli-Putli
Meme Les Pigeons Vont au Paradis (Even Pigeons Go to Heaven)
My Love (Moya Lyubov)
Peter & the Wolf

Best short film

At Night
Il Supplente
Le Mozart des Pickpockets
Tanghi Argentini
The Tonto Woman

Best costume design

Across the Universe
Atonement
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
La Vie en Rose
Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Best make-up

La Vie en Rose
Norbit
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Best sound mixing

The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouille
3:10 to Yuma
Transformers

Sound editing

The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouille
There Will Be Blood
Transformers

Best film editing

The Bourne Ultimatum
Into the Wild
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

[ 22.01.2008, 17:28: Message edited by: Eggchaser ]

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An OTFer's flatmate's Dad has just been nominated, though I'm not certain for what.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In possibly related news, though, that unbearable cunt Glen Hansard is going to be even more unbearable and cuntish now.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see No End In Sight nominated: it's fantastic. And it's on More4 tonight.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit surprised that Michael Clayton got nominated for Best Picture. I think some were thinking that Ratatouille had a shot at that, and not just "settling" for Best Animated Film.

I was hoping that "Knocked Up" would get a best screenplay nod--since there are two categories, films that aren't contenders for the big awards sometimes have a shot at a nomination there.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen Michael Clayton, or the Diving Bell one.

I'm disappointed that Into the Wild was largely overlooked and I agree that Ratatouille should have been nominated for Best Picture.

Why do they only nominate three films in the animation category? There are more than that that deserve a mention, I think.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan Gosling deserved a nomination for Lars And The Real Girl.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Clayton, although pretty, is a very dull film. Surprised it got so many nominations.

I don't think Ratatouille deserves a best film nomination. I enjoyed it but it's not a patch on, for example, No Country...

Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed - Michael Clayton only just about kept my attention from wandering, and I thought Clooney was ill-suited to his role. Tom Wilkinson was pretty good in it though.
Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of a shocker that 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days didn't get nominated in the foreign language category. It won pretty much every other award this year, and while it didn't in a Golden Globe it did get nominated.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How the fuck is Javier Bardem classed as a supporting actor? He's in every other scene! He's on screen longer than anybody else in the movie, apart from Josh Brolin (and there wouldn't be too much in it).

[ 22.01.2008, 19:27: Message edited by: Lieutenant Frank Drebin ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Clooney was pretty good in Michael Clayton. Played it coolly, but I thought it worked well for the picture.

Surprised I've actually seen 3 of the 5 nominations for best picture this year. Must be doing better keeping up with Hollywood.

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got to see Michael Clayton last night. I thought it was excellent. It was a bit more standard potboiler than I expected, but the acting and the characters were very well done. It also reaffirmed my decision not to go to law school, which is nice.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC