This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Vantage Point

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vantage Point
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear.

Terrible dialogue all the way through and the film treats the audience like imbeciles.

On the limited plus side, some nice set pieces and the car crash was good if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to start bringing earplugs and shouting la-la-la when trailers are on in the cinema. The trailer for this film gave away the whole plot. The only new bit I hadn't seen in the trailer came about 10 minutes from the end. Why do advertisers do this? Before this movie there was a trailer for 21. The (based on a true) story of that is a maths genius from MIT is encouraged to try his hand at gambling in Las Vegas. Now, if they had of left it at that I would have definitely gone to see it. As it is, I reckon I know what happened for the first hour and can make a good stab at the ending so what's the point in seeing the film now?

Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer for this film gave away the whole plot.

This is my absolute cinema-going pet hate these days.
I've tried to time my entry until after the trailers (added bonus of missing the car ads and the fucking 'witty' Orange promos) but the cinemas are loath to tell you exactly when the film starts, and trial-and-error has cost me a few opening sequences (especially an afternoon showing of '28 Weeks later' which seemingly had no trailers/ads, as I missed all the Robert Carlyle and his mrs. stuff)

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see "The Bank Job" recently and we asked the girl selling the tickets what time the fillum started as were sick of being able to guess the plots. She said more and more people are asking for the very same reason.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw VP tonight...absolute shite.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC