This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Lost films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost films
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Potentially good films that never saw the light of day.

Up Against It
Up Against It was one of the options for the third Beatles film, to be written by Joe Orton. Orton's first draft was rejected — although Paul McCartney was an Orton fan, he was reported to have said:

"We didn't do it because it was gay … it wasn't that we were anti-gay – just that we, The Beatles, weren't gay."

Who Killed Bambi?
The Sex Pistol's first movie, written by Roger Ebert and Malcolm McLaren and directed by Russ Meyer.

Only a day-and-a-half's shooting was ever achieved, when 20th Century Fox pulled the funding. The surviving footage features OTF favourite Sting as the leader of a pop group that attacks Paul Cook.

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry Gilliam's Cervantes-with-a-twist tale The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which started shooting in 2000, starring Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis, and started going wrong when another one of the actors, Jean Rochefort (playing Quixote), fell ill and fell to pieces completely when the expensiveness of Gilliam's ideas, not uncharacteristically, spiralled unchecked. A Heart Of Darkness-style documentary film about the failed film, Lost In La Mancha, did come out in 2002, narrated by one of the cast of the abortive original, Jeff Bridges. Which I haven't seen, but I'd love to.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon. Intended to be the follow-up to 2001, it was was the subject of much speculation at the time but eventually died a death due to lack of funding. A full screenplay was discovered a few years back and, apparently, it's pretty easy to see why it never got made. Aside from from the cost of full-scale armies in a non-CGI era, the sexual relationship between Nap and Jo was to be treated in a full-on "Eyes Wide Shut" manner. Something that, even in 1969, was a bit too robust for the money-men.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sting as the leader of a pop group that attacks Paul Cook
Or sexually assualts Paul Cook, to be more precise. It can be seen in all its 'glory' in Julien Temple's documentary The Filth and the Fury .

In the same vein as Kubrick's Napoleon, Sergio Leone was planning on making a film of the WW2 siege of Leningrad/St. Petersburg before his death. Filming was to take place in Russia with the help of the Red Army, massed tanks and all.

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Giro City'.

An excellent film exposing political chicanery starring Jon Finch and Glenda Jackson.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A Heart Of Darkness-style documentary film about the failed film, Lost In La Mancha, did come out in 2002, narrated by one of the cast of the abortive original, Jeff Bridges. Which I haven't seen, but I'd love to.
Ooh, that was really good, I had forgotten all about that. It's really difficult to watch in some places, because everything that could go wrong--even stuff that in all likelihood would have never happened--did, and you see Gilliam start to lose it. Heart of Darkness was really about Coppola's hubris, but in this instance, Gilliam was the victim of really bad luck.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 30 Orson Welles movies.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost certain I used to have 'King Of New York', but it's nowhere to be seen in my collection now. I reckon some cunt has had away with it.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC