This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Film » Raise the Titanic!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raise the Titanic!
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is on bbc2 at the moment. It's frankly brilliant, if for nothing else than the wonderful score, which I can ONLY assume (I haven't checked) was John Barry? It's certainly halfway between Bond theme and The Black Hole. Lots of moody strings and deep drum percussions leading into sudden moments of wind interest.

I recall this film losing more money than any other in history, at the time, until that thing with Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty. I think the producer finally exclaimed, "Raise the Titanic? It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!"

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's frankly impossible to hate a film with a John Barry score.

Absolutely fantastic. I'm off to search You tube for "Black Hole" clips.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black Hole, now you're talkin.

The only Disney movie where a cyborg robot (who actually was the father of the heroine in the movie) ends up in Hell (for presumably having been brainwashed and turned into a murdering cyborg.)So yes, red robots go to Hell.

That movie was so tripped out. It was as if an autistic closeted-homosexual sociopath wrote Star Wars.

Raise the Titanic was hilarious, especially after they found the real thing 5 years later. It's safe the say their theory (that the air bubbles of the deep sea would've preserved the Titanic) was sunk.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC