This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Re: re-reading (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Re: re-reading
Count Victor Lustig
Member # 156

- posted      Profile for Count Victor Lustig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In one of Bowie's many 50th birthday profiles I read that one of his main fears is not living long enough to re-read all the books he's read.
Posts: 271 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope Rot's not listening, but Lord of the Rings. Also Lonesome Dove.

I've had fun revisiting Shakespeare too, once the school-induced horrors had passed.

I quite often re-read books, I'd rather re-read than not read.

Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfsUp
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for SurfsUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somerset Maugham
Philip K. DicK
Raymond Chandler
Ross MacDonald
A lot of the the Russians
Henry Miller
Alice In Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass
Rupert

Posts: 2030 | From: A Golden State of Mind | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domestiques
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Domestiques     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
high fidelity gets reread once a year and I am currently rereading the harry potter series. after that I am going to start on the bible.
Posts: 337 | From: upstairs back bedroom | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re-reading the wonderfully atmospheric, witty, charming Lyonesse cycle by Jack Vance. Fantasy, set on imaginary islands just off the UK coast.

All the normal ingredients are there but twisted subtly and approached from an adult point of view. No misplaced prudery, no finger waving moralism.

Just reading again about Suldrun sitting in her garden contemplating the sea, describing her exile...or Shimrod plight in a nether-world he was tricked to enter by the emanation of a witch leaves me dreamy

Highly recommended to anyone who like the genre but also to those who consider it childish or too serious.

[ 17-07-2002, 11:05: Message edited by: Moitie-Moitie ]

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posty Webber
Member # 325

- posted      Profile for Posty Webber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I pretty much re-read most of the great books that I own, although LOTR, The Red Dwarf books and Irving Welsh are probably the main ones.
Posts: 1019 | From: the family Hominidae | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC