This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Work related question for Ali B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work related question for Ali B
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First- belated congrats for yr shop winning the best-dressed Waterstones award! I was just wondering whether, as part of this, non-trading areas such as staff room, offices etc. were sanitised by removal of personal things like pictures and photos. That's what my acting manager says is required (he is throwing his weight around after his predecessor was fired two weeks ago). Thx in advance, DG.
Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarlett Green
Member # 74

- posted      Profile for Scarlett Green     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why thank you - we finally got our reward last week & a dodgy hamper which seems like it was assembled by making everyone in Brentford bring a grocery item to contribute (includes Spam). We did have to cleanse the staffroom of all personality but as far as I remember the official instruction was "no non-company posters in back office areas" - and I don't think the staffroom strictly counts as an office.
Posts: 51 | From: Dublin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. In ours, the post room guys were asked to remove a shrine to the Premiership champions, and the services manager a photo of her cat.

Bap Dornan stays so far, though...

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What other award categories are there for Waterstone's branches to keep you staffers in a state of high motivation? Though I doubt you can get much better than winning a tin of spam for having a nice and tidy shop.
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 149

There's an informal award at ours for the most egregiously camp manner when dealing with hard-of-hearing elderly ladies from a mitteleuropean background. No prizes, etc...
Posts: 2121 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarlett Green
Member # 74

- posted      Profile for Scarlett Green     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Alan Titchmarsh presented this year's Bookseller of the Year Award - if that's not motivation then I don't know what is.
Posts: 51 | From: Dublin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC