This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Hard work.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hard work.
Domestiques
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Domestiques     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which book have you persevered with although to be quite frank it has just been bloody hard work, the enjoyment may not have equalled the effort but still you read it right up until that last page.

mine is the faber book of pop, it was a gift off the wife and that really is the only reason that I kept on reading it. In between the articles the writing is far too scientific and academic and it examines music far too minutely. That said the articles are very well put together.

Posts: 337 | From: upstairs back bedroom | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if you'd count them, but I can think of a few books I read as part of studies. In French, Stendhal's "Le Rouge et Le Noir" was absolutely dreadful. I once outlined it's faults in some detail to a really bright girl in my class and the best defence she could make of it was that she kind of fancied Julien, the main character.

In "English", "Heart of Darkness" is unbearable and unreadable.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC