This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » I've written a book ... no, really, I have (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I've written a book ... no, really, I have
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just ordered my copy. When it arrives, I will place it on the shelf next to Ian's and Simon's books. One day I'll get around to finishing them all.

Honestly, I have a very short attention span when it comes to reading. My house is full of half-read books. It has nothing to do with the quality of the book. I wasn't always like this, but I'm pretty sure this ADD developed around the time I discovered the internet.

I'm going to send George an e-mail, but I think I'll wait until after the WC so he won't have as many distractions.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. It says six weeks somewhere on the site. I'll get on that.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mighty Belgian
Member # 304

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Belgian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ordered a copy too...
Posts: 929 | From: Walldorf (Baden) | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too. its winging its way to me as we speak. or as I speak. because no one else is here.

congrats, if I haven't already said so.

Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. Let me know when you've written a book, so I can buy it, too.

All Amazon reviews gratefully accepted.

Well, not necessarily all of them, obviously.

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I did it, and he replied. He said he's already overloaded with reading, so he can't promise that he will get to it.

But now he knows about it, so maybe he will.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Much obliged, FF. Can't reward you in this world, but in the next - definitely.
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

Don't mention it. I don't know if anything will come of it, but maybe he'll read it and decide to write about it on a slow soccer day. Who knows?

Good luck!

Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pennsylvania Stoners is a great name.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a book about Leicester City some eight years ago so, being self published, know the sheer hard slog of calling on bookshops. I still remember one Christmas, having sold in modest amounts for some months at the city centre Waterstones, I stood there willing the manager to say 'we'll have ten and he said casually, 'let me have one hundred and forty'. It's hard to stay cool when you have just mentally fallen over. Good luck.
Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has something just gone missing from here?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

I've been missing, but I'm sure that's not what you mean.

Vanity, though, is compelling me to move this thread to the front of the pack.

I'm heading off to Wisconsin next week and, US Customs and Immigration willing, will take with me a supply of SiaFW for unofficial North American distribution.

Anyone who hasn't got a copy, and is unwilling or unable to purchase one from the UK should be able to order it via the US Soccer Hall of Fame in the next week or so. Or PM me.

Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mum's written another book -

But it's a bit different from the previous two...

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mum's friend's written a book too, about nearly being blown to bits on July 7, which I've been meaning to link to on here for a while.

My mum's written some books too. What a clever set of mums we have.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Tulloch's had a certain amount of publicity previously, as, I believe, the guy who was a front page media pawn who by coincidence had the nous and background to retort. I reckon this would be a vg read.

[ 23.09.2006, 00:30: Message edited by: wingco ]

Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC