This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » "The Dairy of Anne Frank" and other amusing typos (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "The Dairy of Anne Frank" and other amusing typos
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... such as?
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not a typo, but the other day i was staring absent mindedly out the window of the bus and misread a sign "MASTECTOMY CARE" as "MASTECTOMY CAFE", which jolted me awake.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you don't want to wait around too long for your latte in that place.
Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. Inca noticed this on CNN a while back, I got a picture of it:

-

I'd agree--Strom Thurmond is still frightening, even though he's dead.

[ 03.08.2006, 22:10: Message edited by: Incadenza ]

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Came across Dial N for Murder.
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when I was a boy, the New York Times had literary aspirations, but now:

quote:
The Personal Health column in Science Times on Tuesday, about treatments and prevention of migraines, misidentified a drug sometimes used for headache relief with medications like a triptan or an opiate. It is acetaminophen, not amphetamine.

[ 11.08.2006, 19:33: Message edited by: ursus arctos ]

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girth Crooks
Member # 1655

- posted      Profile for Girth Crooks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it had been "Humboldt's Gist" I might not have given up halfway through the book.
Posts: 44 | From: Oxford | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Less Miserables

The Naked And The Dad

East of Enid

The Lino, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really literary, but I once saw a chalkboard outside a pizza place that was meant to read "Come in and spoil yourself!" where a passer-by had rubbed out the 'p'.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, okay, when I say "passer-by", I meant I did it.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the buses in Bucks, there was a little sign that lit up and said "Bus Stopping". On one of the fleet, someone had painstakingly removed part of the B, and the cross on the t, so it said "Pus Slopping". Those hour-long journeys between Buckingham and Aylesbury can destroy a man.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really literary, but I once saw a chalkboard outside a pizza place that was meant to read "Come in and spoil yourself!" where a passer-by had rubbed out the 'p'.

Superb.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My orthographically challenged and apparently telekinetic flatmate left me a note this morning to say he'd hovered the front door area. Well, it made me laugh.

[ 13.08.2006, 21:57: Message edited by: mackstress ]

Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Casper
Member # 131

- posted      Profile for Billy Casper         Edit/Delete Post 
A cousin of mine had a boyfriend who would send her love letters.
He liked to call her "Sweetie", but thought it should have an a in it instead of the second e.

Perhaps he knew something we didn't though.

Posts: 99 | From: Baaarrnsli | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC