This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Iran - Iraq war

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iran - Iraq war
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone reccomend a good book on the abovementioned subject?

Ta.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a very long chapter about it in The Great War For Civilisation by Robert Fisk.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

Cheers, Dr. but I'm looking for something a bit more substantial.
Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy,

I haven't read it, but I know (and respect) one of the editors of this collection, which you should be able to get through a good library. The Fawn book on the same Amazon page also appears to be worth a look.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

Thanks, ursus.

Gary G. Sick, huh?
What a fantasic name.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's the one I know.

Professor Sick does take some getting used to, but he is a very down to earth guy for someone who served on the National Security Council in multiple administrations.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've just finished Christopher de Bellaigue's 'In The Rose Garden Of The Martyrs', in which the author delivers a potted modern history of Iran, advanced by events in the life of his acquaintances and key figures from the country's most turbulent events. the war with Iraq is covered over a number of chapters and includes a detailed breakdown of its causes, progression and repercussions, as well as recollections from many participants.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

There is a very long chapter about it in The Great War For Civilisation by Robert Fisk.

What a book this is, enjoying it immensely.

Anyone even thinking about trying to give Iran a bit of a scrap should have a leaf through this first.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC