This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Want to write a book on Latin American football?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to write a book on Latin American football?
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iíve been approached by a US academic publisher looking for someone to do just that. The e-mail reads, in part:

quote:
There does not seem to be one good general book on soccer in Latin America. Our press is well-known in the area of Latin American
studies, and I have been acquiring in the area for our press for the past several years. I think a book such as this could have a great
amount of appeal not only for our Latin American studies readership, but for general readers as well.

This isnít something I feel at all capable of writing, but I suspect there are one or two OTFers who might do the topic proud.

If youíre interested Ė and because my name is kind of on the block here Ė itís probably best if you send me a PM with a sentence or two describing you and your writing background. I could then send the publisher your e-mail address and ask them to get in touch with you.

On another matter entirely, Soccer in a Football World is shortly to be published in the US by Temple University Press, which is rather nice. If any of you feel inclined to spread the word, feel free.

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for dalliance's history of Argentinian football.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam Kelly to thread.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought that EIM's book, The Beautiful Game was a decent general look at South American football. Though it missed Mexico, and it's about ten years out of date now.

Enjoyed your book tremendously, Vole. Great stuff.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So that was EIM eh? Bloody good read too.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get your heads together boys and do a joint book.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC