This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » The Best of the Booker (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Best of the Booker
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might have mentioned this before, but one of my best mates when I was growing up was a Liam Gallagher-esque dude who was streetwise sharp but school exam stupid. He read 'Animal Farm' when we were 13 and then announced that he never needed to read another book ever again. As far as I know he's stuck to that assertion.
Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Or Vernon God Little beat Oryx and Crake?
Maybe because Oryx and Crake is a steaming pile of dogshit.
Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of the 12 I've read, I'd have to go for Midnight's Children, with The True History of the Kelly Gang running it a close second.
I liked The God of Small Things, but didn't love it.

Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read seven in total - 6 of those being winners between 1998 and 2004. The one I haven't read of that timespan is the Carey. It better bloody have been good to have beaten Atonement, Hotel World and number9dream. Blimey, that was some year.

The other I've read is The Life and Times of Michael K. I started on The Old Devils once, but found it tiresome in the extreme.

[ 15.03.2008, 08:10: Message edited by: Jimski ]

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read 'Hotel World', Jimski, but I read all the others that year and 'Kelly Gang' was definitely a worthy winner. Like you say, it was some year.
Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC