This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » Denmark vs Sweden (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Denmark vs Sweden
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or "the continental punch" which still doesn't convince Joe Royle.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Arsenal have just about shaken off the boring boring 1-0 to the arsenal image during the last couple of seasons. But it takes a long time.

Like Watford still getting tagged as a long ball side that are well organised at set pieces. This is nonsense, we are a long ball side that are badly organised at set pieces in reality.

Here is my stereotype rundown of the nations:

Holland = Extremely talented but too arogant and argumentative to win.

Germany = Highly efficient, boring almost metronomic.

England = All blood and thunder with no tactical nouse.

France = Absolutely incredible footballing side

Italy = Cheating, highly tactically aware, brutal, defensive.

Spain = lovely passing and moving with no cutting edge and always bottle it.

Denmark = superbly organised, making the most of limited resources.

Sweden = see denmark and all scandanavian countries

Latvia = plucky

and so on.

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would swap England and Germany right now.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
San Siro
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for San Siro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
posting here since i've seen this game not the other one.
didn't get the impression it's been fixed, not even when the dane goalie clumsily packed trapattoni's bags. he's been sat on that bench two years too many if you ask me.

having said that and given that sweden and denmark had encountered 96 times, how on earth did they manage to draw only 16 times.
last night's was number 17, lucky number for some, it goes without saying.

Posts: 282 | From: Milano | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if Sorenson was going to chuck one in, it'd have made sense for him to have let in one of the several fine saves he made in the first half, rather than waiting till the 89th minute - when he couldn't be sure that Sweden would get past the Danish defence.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sweden v Denmark rivalry goes back a very long time in history. They played us in our very first international and stuffed us 12-0 or some such.

The bulk of our encounters happened in the days when Football matches typically had six goals or more in them. Statistically that means less draws.

Funnily, when they had their best period (round 1986) we beat them 6-0, and when we had our best period (1992-1994) they beat us 6-0.

Posts: 1181 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching the clip of Sweden's secong goal (soccerclips.net has them now):

The Danish keeper looks like he drops/fails to clear the ball because his defender runs into him. Somebody with better eyesight want to look at this.

(Best view is at the 46 second mark or so.)

Denmark's first might be the best of the tournament besides that backheel flick.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Test test...

Anybody want to take me up on looking at the clip?

Even watching it again on highlights, it still looks to me like the keeper can't get to the ball because his defender gets in the way.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC