This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » World Cup 2006 Qualifying Predictor (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: World Cup 2006 Qualifying Predictor
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Israel normally play their home games in Cyrpus don't they? (Or occasionally, and quite oddly, Palermo). Maybe the whole group should just be held on the island, in one easy access tournament a la the Asian groups.

Be great if Palestine made it to the finals, though about as likely as Iraq, which some of you seem to have selected as qualifiers from Asia.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tee-hee, abedi you're going to get quite a reputation if you're not careful.

Israel have been training together every week for ages now. That's surely going to have an effect.

It'll be interesting to see how well France do in a qualifying group with opponents who might register a shot on goal heaven forbid.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Israel want to play their home matches in either Nijmegen or Rotterdam.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africa:

Senegal
South Africa
Egypt
Nigeria
Tunisia

Asia:
Japan
South Korea
UAE
China

5th: Saudi

Europe:
Czech Republic
Denmark
Russia
France
Italy
England
Spain
Sweden

Best runners up:
Netherlands
Portugal

Playoffs:
Belgium
Croatia
Ireland

Concacaf:

The Hexagonal will be
USA
Jamaica
Mexico
T&T
Canada
Costa Rica

From which will qualify
Mexico
USA
Costa Rica
4th-Canada

Oceania:
Australia

South America:
Brazil
Argentina
Paraguay
Ecuador

5th place surprise:
Venezuela

Playoffs:
Australia to destroy Venezuela
Canada to edge Saudi Arabia

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After seeing Argentina trounce Ecuador last night I seriously doubt they'll qualify from S America. Bolivia, Peru, and Venezuela all looked significantly better than them

[ 08-07-2004, 17:47: Message edited by: The ad hoc of Delphi ]

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've backed us to qualify (odds were as below)

England 1/5
Wales 7/4
NI 80/1

(RoI 6/4)
(Scotland 11/4)

Now, with all due respect to a team including Darren Barnard and Adi Williams, are they really 30 times more likely? I think not. Get the dunkels in, Plendy!

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mali
South Africa
Cameroon
Nigeria
Morocco
South Korea
China
Japan
Iran
Czech Republic
Holland
Turkey
Portugal
Russia
France
Ireland
Italy
England
Wales
Spain
Sweden
Croatia
USA
Mexico
Trinidad and Tobago
South America
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
Uruguay
Peru
Antarctica

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USA ? Smart Man.

I know how violated everyone felt when we rocked and rolled into the Quarters, so I hope people realize that we're a lock for at least the semis this time around.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to work with a guy that hated soccer, and he was a pretty annoying patriot--car flag, bomb Saddam rhetoric, etc.

But he was following the World Cup in 2002 with supreme interest--he wanted the US to win it all, just so we would piss everyone off.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leatherface
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for Leatherface     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested to know which parts of the States take football more seriously than others. Some friends from Washington DC who lived in London for a while told me that the league soccer in that city gets bigger audiences than most other sports, apparently...
Posts: 717 | From: Israel-upon-Thames | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's this one state, which happens to be the best state in the Union, named New Jersey, who is very small but always supplies the National Team, the one that was a Quarterfinalist the last time around, with many, many players.

Basically any team that is near water is good at soccer, and supports it.

1) California
2) New Jersey
3) Virginia
4) Maryland
5) North Carolina
5 1/2) Florida
6) Oregon
7) Ohio (Home of Brad Friedel, and yes, the exception to the rule)
8) Indiana
8 1/2) New York
9) Michigan
10) Georgia
11) South Carolina
12) Texas
13) Washington
14) Massachusetts
15) Connecticutt (used to be higher, but they've done jack lately.)

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) California

In the words of Westside Connection, "bow down".

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) California -- population 35 million
2) New Jersey -- population 8 million
3) Virginia -- population 7 million
4) Maryland -- population 5 million.

That says it all, really.

Hey JV, back when you were riffing about Clifton, you missed the fact that former Clifton coach (something) Rossi's kid Guiseppi (a Clifton native) has been signed by Man Utd from Parma. Unfortunately, it looks like he's more interested in playing for the Azzuri than us, despite growing up in beautiful NJ.

[ 04-08-2004, 17:31: Message edited by: Soccer Scrimmage ]

Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

Hmmmm, I'll have to look into that. Hopefully it's because the father despised the politics of the Olympic Development Program and the National Team, and would rather his son take his chances with a program that would hire a coach like Trappahasbeen. It's absolutely sick at how many coach's kids make the state or regional team, or talented players don't make it because they don't have the connections or the $300 to pay to play.

Anyway, here's a top 5 of New Jersey High Schools:

1) St. Benedicts - Claudio Reyna, Tab Ramos, Greg Berhalter.
2) Kearney - John Harkes, Tony Meola
3) Harrison - New Metros Stadium
4) Clifton - Danny Szelta
5) Shawnee - 7 Group IV State Titles

briziola trevezdley
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for briziola trevezdley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yankee thread-jackers, go home.

This thread is surely about the total self-delusion of OTFers, a good percentage of whom seem to think that Australia will beat the fifth-placed South American team home and away.

This is as likely as Sir Alec Ferguson replacing Sven as England manager.

Posts: 917 | From: the back of the grupetto | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC