This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » Ottmar says no (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ottmar says no
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DFB have just announced that Hitzfeld has turned down the offer to become Bundestrainer. Who does that leave then?

Personally, I think they should go for a Lars-Tommy-type combination of Christoph Daum and Werner Lorant, just because I'd enjoy the sight of a pair of mad tramps ranting and raving on the touchline.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Otto Rehagel?
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not Lothar Matthäus, surely.

I'd put 50p on Jürgen Röber.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And another 25p on Pageldorf. And 25p on Klaus Toppmöller.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mario Basler
Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The following names are being mentioned.

Lothar Matthäus
Guus Hiddink
Dick Advocaat
Arsene Wenger
Otto Rehhagel
Christohp Daum
Jupp Heynckes

Sigh.

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Advocaat? Seriously?

I reckon either Daum or Rehhagel would be great.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never gonna happen:

Arsene Wenger

OK:

Otto Rehhagel
Christohp Daum
Guus Hiddink

Not sure:

Jupp Heynckes

Terrible:

Dick Advocaat

Nooooooooooooo!:

Lothar Matthäus

But why the fuck can't it be Hitzfeld? It's such a perfect opportunity. Gah.

[ 01-07-2004, 13:59: Message edited by: Art and Technology Vandelay ]

Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hitzfeld basically repeated the Völler statement "I don't feel I can help the team".

Truth is of course that the Germany job right now is incredibly big, with WC 2006 looming. It's a bit like the Newcastle job. The public has unrealistic expectations for 2006 (title of course), and no manager, well neither Völler nor Hitzfeld, is willing to disappoint those expectations.

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

News situation is a bit difficult to grasp, apparently everyone expected Hitzfeld to say yes.
Other names in the news:

Toppmöller
Magath
Augenthaler

But as all three have Bundesliga jobs, I doubt that.

And as an outsider:

Hans Meyer

I'd love Meyer. He's witty and tough and knows his football. For those who don't know him: He's the one who coached Carl Zeiss Jena to three GDR titles and into the Cup Winners Cup final. Later he worked for Chemnitz, Mönchengladbach and, last season, saved Hertha from relegation. He had plans on growing roses from now on, but maybe he can be persuaded. I doubt it though. He doesn't fit with FA chair Mayer-Vorfelder.

Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans Meyer's ace, isn't he? I might even break the habit of a lifetime and support your lot. But can you imagine MV employing a <gag> communist?

By the way, is anyone mentioning Winnie Schäfer at all? Or Bernd Stange, even?

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one's mentioned Berti Vogts then?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

I was thinking that, too, but surely not even Berti the Terrier would be humble enough to come back with his tail between his legs after the shit he had to put up with before.

Here's another one: Ede Geyer, but he's got the same problems as Meyer, (a) he's an Ossi and (b) he probably wouldn't want the job anyway.

Rotliegend
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Rotliegend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about Kevin Keegan? Now that would be funny.
Posts: 806 | From: The vineyard of dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC