This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » Ottmar says no (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ottmar says no
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lothar Matthäus has announced that nobody has approached him yet, and that he has an interesting job in any case.

Daum has said he won't move from Fenerbahce (plus, of course, Hoeness and his slimy pals wouldn't accept him).

Even Felix Magath says tha he is a club coach, not a national coach, and intends remaining one for the next few years.

Oliver Bierhoff suggests his old manager, Alberto Zaccheroni.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does Tony Waldschnepfe do nowadays?
Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought his name meant Holzpimmel.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Abedipoulos,

That's the gaulois equivalent of Kitchen Stadium in the background of that cover.

Otto is going to be retained as Greece teamchef, they liked his spanakopitas so much back home they're out in the street celebrating.

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn Hoddle for German chief/coach/whatever. That would be funny
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the media are screaming for Otto Rehhagel now, of course. He had that ambition years ago, but in 1998, the Bayern mafia insisted on Ribbeck. It would be sweet revenge for Rehhagel, who was kicked out by Bayern because he didn't fit in their Hollywood world.

Beckenbauer (he heads the finding team) still has a soft spot for Matthäus, but I hope he won't be able to pull that off. Today's media report that Wenger has been approached. What's complicating things is that there is a power struggle within the German FA. Chair Maier-Vorfelder will get a challenger in the October election and might step down even earlier (I doubt that, he's too much of an experienced politician). The Bundestrainer question is closely connected to the FA question. It would be very entertaining if Bayern didn't play that big a role in it all.

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So do you reckon Otto would take the job? On the one hand, it's highly unlikely he could repeat the feat with Greece, so he could quit while he's ahead, but on the other hand, being Bundestrainer is as thankless a task as being England manager.

If Rehhagel doesn't take it, who's left? Loddar? Heaven help you. I notice Bernd Stange's resigned from Iraq, but he can't be more than a rank outsider.

What's Horst Köppel up to these days?

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

1. Toppmöller
2. Pagelsdorf

Both have made magic with limited sides. What's Wolfgang Wolf up to these days?

Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for Dave Jones to get the sack?
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Horst Köppel used to be on the Dortmund coaching staff (youth team). Don't know if that's still the case.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alderman for my first belly laugh of the day.
Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
otto says no and signs on to repeat the task at the world cup.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a strange do when the Germans, the Germans for Christ's sake, can't find anyone willing or good enough to manage their national team leading up to a home World Cup. I can understand why so many are turning it down (Mayer-Vorfelder and Beckenbauer breathing down their necks is reason enough to start with), but you'd think there'd be one German with enough mettle to say, "I can do the job, but I'm fucked if anyone's going to interfere with me. I'll do my best, but we're shit, so don't expect us to win it."
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

It isn't just Mayer-Vorfelder and Beckenbauer and his Bayern mafia that can make a Bundestrainer's life a misery, but also the boulevard press. The last one to get an easy ride was the untouchable Helmut Schön.
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

It's true what you say about the press, G-Man, which makes it very similar to the England job. Having said that, I think Rudi Völler, being the nice guy and football legend that he is, got a very easy ride of it compared to others.

Whoever takes the job is going to have to be either a miracle-worker, unbelievably thick-skinned, or mad.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC