This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » The Final: Portugal v Greece (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Final: Portugal v Greece
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running around with mirrors in front at them masturbating over their reflections v Their football is too fucking ugly to make this possible.

A really fantastic final on Sunday v Functional beauty about an inelegant hoof into row z.

A celebration of great football, of inspiration, magic, drama and, yes, goals v Diving to win freekicks in your own half to waste time.

Brilliantly entertaining, vibrant football v Who the fucking fuck would want to watch it if the favourites won every game?

Pious I-hope-Portugal-win-because-it-will-be-good-for-the-game stuff v There is something seriously sick with world football.

I want the team to prevail that's playing the better football, with the more positive approach v Fucking Greek cunts. I fucking hate football.

Maniche football v Machine football.

Half of OTF v The other half of OTF.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Lisbon last week, I saw these pictures of Rui Costa everywhere, that had been airbrushed to fuck and styled to make him look like a member of an incredibly adrogonous boy-band, rather than the rough-as-fuck, street-fighting, tough-talking bruiser you see when he's actually interviewed on teh television.

It was kind of amazing, man.

Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be favouring the home side on Sunday, but there will be a little part of me that will be wanting the Greeks to win just to see if I can hear in Liverpool the sound of furious, self righteous spontaneous combustion in Ireland and Portugal.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, dalliance.

And, if Barry Davies is commentating, no doubt he will have fully converted me to the Greek cause by half time (as in Italy v Netherlands last time around).

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Undecided, probably until kick-off.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny alphabet v Funny Spanish

From a football point of view, as explained on the other thread, I'll be wanting Greece to win. From the point of view of this pact to learn the language of the tournament's winners, I want the Portuguese to win.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheats prosper. Still, I'm backing them all the way to a 0-0 and penalties win (12 bonus points in the predictor, plus 5 with Will Hill at tens).

The needws of commerce will out, etc.

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vauxhall v Green Lanes
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maniche football v Machine football.
<applause>
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm glad that's cheered you up.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Furtado vs Stifado
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Portugal to win for me. However, the prospect of a Greek dive to get Ronaldo sent off and a jammy 1-0 after 119 minutes of defending does appeal as per Dalliance's point.

[ 02-07-2004, 11:38: Message edited by: Tech Tonic ]

Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogg
Member # 928

- posted      Profile for dogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless Portugal manage to score early, it will probably be as Tech Tonic suggested.
Posts: 678 | From: Latitude 53.38 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for dances with sheep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving aside all issues of aesthetics or merit, I will be supporting Portugal 100% simply because I had such a a fucking good time over there. If they do win it, I would give a bollock to be in Lisbon that night.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not putting up prices just because we have a major international sporting event in our country v Fuck me we've got the olympics lets put up prices by 800%.

No contest.

Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC