This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » The Final: Portugal v Greece (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Final: Portugal v Greece
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dão vs Retsina

absolutely no contest

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do Greece's two in the first leg count as away goals?
Posts: 1181 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that my girlfriend's surname is Pinto, I suppose I'll have to support Greece.

Ouzo v. Sherry

[ 02-07-2004, 15:25: Message edited by: Eggchaser ]

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sherry?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Oporto?
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

That's port. Sherry is from Jerez in Spain.
Vernons Pools
Member # 324

- posted      Profile for Vernons Pools     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brazil vs Germany
Posts: 1297 | From: the place with all the pace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How often has the home country lost when appearing in a WC or European Final?

If Portugal gets the first goal they'll probably win and I'll be happy. But the longer they go without scoring the more fortune will favour Greece and, if they pull off a win, I'll still be happy, mostly in anticipation of the reams of apoplectic invective coming from the Dublin area.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This seems to be a can't lose situation - either the more entertaining team wins or the more entertaining rants.
I don't know if I've forgiven Portugal for their petulance on elimination form the last two finals, but they are more pleasing on the eye than Greece. Currently I don't have a preference - probably be supporting Greece after 15 minutes of commentary, though.
If Greece do win does that make NI the moral champions of Europe?

Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

I believe you'll find that title is held in perpetuity by the Republic of Ireland.
ale
Member # 107

- posted      Profile for ale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smugly got odds of 7/1 on Portugal so obvious allegiance on Sunday...
Posts: 3315 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would normally second dances with sheep's point, but quite frankly, I fcuking hate Deco.

and Maniche... and all the other Porto players from last may in Seville.

oops, caught!

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Celtic fan with an axe to grind at some perceived transgression against his team long ago.

Who'd have thought it.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a fair cop, guv, you got me bang to rights.

I had a great time in Portugal, as I imagine did most others who went (apart from those who were personally involved with losing sides). I really cant see Greece repeating their win, and to be quite honest, I couldnt care less who wins.

3 wishes though...

For a classic match (which is a little unlikely);
Figo has a blinder (so that he can finally live up to his billing) and
The referee remembers that we want to see the football, not him, blosing his whistle every two seconds.

Good luck to them all (except Deco of course)

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maniche football v Machine football.
Yes, nice one.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC