This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » The Final: Portugal v Greece (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Final: Portugal v Greece
Not a Gwenter
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Not a Gwenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope Greece win. I'll be watching it with a kebab. Or a Greek beer, if such things exist.
Posts: 559 | From: Back in Cardiff! Norfolk was an interesting experience, for sure. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kebabs are Turkish. You want gyros or souvlaki.

Beer-wise, Greece seems to be dead loss. Keo, from Cyprus, is the closest thing you'll get in Britain. But there are some fantastic Greek wines, if you're up for that.

I'll be drinking Portuguese wine meself.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall be supporting Cristiano Ronaldo, the Funchal Chicken, as he is the best player in the world. And not only the best player, but the best dancer too.

He plays disco-football.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray Mexted
Member # 707

- posted      Profile for Murray Mexted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pious I-hope-Portugal-win-because-it-will-be-good-for-the-game stuff v There is something seriously sick with world football.

I want the team to prevail that's playing the better football, with the more positive approach v Fucking Greek cunts. I fucking hate football.

Surely these are all in the same camp as each other?

Posts: 8483 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vasco da Gama vs. Odysseus
Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
POOOR-TOOO-GAAAL!!!

(or greece)

Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the Portuguese media think that because the Greek manager is German, the German ref will be biased towards them.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, I was listening to a Portuguese journalist saying this the other day- name of Eeusou Avida, or similar?
Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely a German ref will help Portugal, because Merck will know all about Rehhagel's tricks. Otto is notorious for encouraging dirty play when he feels it's necessary, and Merck will be quite familiar with his ways.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first semi-final in a Portuguese bar in Leicester, and the second with a bunch of Greek students, mostly female. Both occasions hugely enjoyable.

So where to watch the final, and who to support? Even ignoring the football criteria (there would be no dilemma there) I'm still leaning towards Portugal as they were a very friendly bunch who probably gave me lung cancer but knew how to celebrate - shouts, flags, beer and car horns. The Greeks were probably just as happy, but as soon as the final whistle went, they immediately started sending text messages. This is so wrong. It's like adjusting your webcam during orgasm. They should have been kissing the floor, or me. The whole point of watching other countries win football matches is the prospect of inhibitions being shed afterwards.

So I'll stick with the Portuguese, where the embraces will be more hairy but the passion will be true.

PS Should I be Re: Techs or something? I've missed all this.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Surely a German ref will help Portugal, because Merck will know all about Rehhagel's tricks. Otto is notorious for encouraging dirty play when he feels it's necessary, and Merck will be quite familiar with his ways.
naive, g-man.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Expand, rou.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i suspect the two germans will conspire.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

Do you suspect collusion because of the German national character, or an exchange of brown envelopes, or is it just a bit of projection?
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

i just don't see why they can't pick a ref who is above suspicion.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC