This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » You are Sven (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You are Sven
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now we all know what Sven should do right.
Apart from resign and take himself and his raisin in sunglasses bird back to Italy of course.

How would you plot Englands glory to the world cup finals in 2006.
It is given England will qualify easily since they will be in the same group as Wales (ha) and Ireland (the really shit Ireland not the shit one).

So how should he harness the worlc class talents we have in abundance.
Scholes is the most fiered English midfielder in Europe, Beckham is always on the shortlist for World and footballer of the year, Owen was European footballer of the year, Rooney is the best teenager sice Pele, Gerrard is the best midfielder in the premiership and Lampard is better than Veron etc etc......

No seriously, what type of playing style would you introduce, what new players would you blood and what type of implementation program to gain the required results would you devise.

Cmon, lets know your views.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culchie Halfwit Alert
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for Culchie Halfwit Alert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easy mistake to make, all these (green-and-)whiteys look the same innit.

I will be content with fourth place and delighted with third. Nothing like setting yer sights high, like.

Posts: 401 | From: Beyond the 38th Parallel | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for dances with sheep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first step forward is obvious - drop Scholes.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
code:
			Robinson

GNev(c) Campbell Rio

Gerrard Cole

Butt Parker
Lampard

Rooney Owen

A Martin O'Neill style 3-5-2 formation with Gerrard and Cole up and down the flanks.

I don't know who else to put in goal.

Edit:

I'd change the jersies to flourescent yellow, so the players can see each other and hopefully pass the ball to each other. I'd force the team to watch endless reruns of Real Madrid - Ajax (Nov. 95) to show them how football should be played. If the players defend deep and start hitting long balls I will force them to swim through icy cold water after the match and send them to their hotel rooms with no dinner.

[ 08-07-2004, 13:25: Message edited by: Pavel Coyote ]

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Paul Parker's a bit old for a recall. Still, if Roy Keane can do it...
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would drop beckham and try shaun wright-phillips on the right wing. otherwise there's not that much can be done with the team. maybe brian's formation with wright-phillips as right wing-back and gerrard in the middle instead of butt.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the Ukraine friendly in August (fitness permitting), I would pick the following side:

Robinson
GNeville Campbell Southgate Cole
Dyer Gerrard Lampard Barry
Owen Rooney

At half time, I would make the following changes
James for Robinson
Wright-Phillips for Dyer
Thompson for Barry
King for Campbell
Beattie for Rooney
and leave the other substitute available for any injuries that may occur.

Let Robinson have some time with the first choice back four, try four different wide players with the first choice midfield nest to them, and the first choice fullbacks behind them. Give James Beattie a chance to play alongside Owen (something he has only been allowed to do for 45 minutes against Australia, alongside 10 players who didn't seem bothered). If the managers of the players who play 90 minutes don't like it, tell them to complain to the FA.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea of playing three at the back and flooding midfield is a nice one, however it leaves you with three defenders who have played all their careers in back fours. Not sure you could teach old dogs new tricks.

However limited England look playing 442, the team's apparent eagerness not to try anything different is probably just about sensible bearing in mind the general lack of tactical flexibility inherent in the English game.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for dances with sheep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rou's team sounds good to me ...yeah, drop Beckham too. He is really quite shite isn't he ?

So who's the new skipper ? Stevie G ? Or will he have to learn not to give the ball away first ?

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd make gary neville captain.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

All very well until he goes on strike to protest at David being dropped.
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

then i'd make rooney captain.
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't drop Beckham, I'd rest him. He'd then need to win his place back of course. In the meantime, Neville would be captain.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfsUp
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for SurfsUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for selections and tactics I know bugger all. So I would pick players that can hold onto the ball, bring it out of defense and pass it to someone wearing the same colored shirt. So yeah, flourescent shirts might help.

That and learn how to take penalties.

Posts: 2030 | From: A Golden State of Mind | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With two other British teams in the group England will need to play a no frills, long ball, percentage game. Therefore I would play the same midfield, replace Rooney and Owen with Heskey and Beattie, and replace GNev and Ashley Cole, who are far too attack minded for such situations, with PNev at left back and Rio at right back.

And if Wales don't qualify this time I really would just give up all hope.

Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC