This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » You are Sven (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You are Sven
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pavel, as a leader and co president of the Anti-England brigade (along with Mottie-Mottie). It would be irresponsibe for me to advise Sven how to win the world cup.
If he followed my advice (and I would be correct as usual) you fellows would never thank me and i value the friendship of Rou and AIATL.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the OTF anti-England brigade operated with a revolving Presidency like the EU. I'm sure I was President back during the final stages of the struggle against the Keegan Empire.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but afterwards, you rested on your laurels and myself and mottie-Mottie siezed power and formed an Afro-Swiss exis of hate,envy, sneering and bile towards the stupid English.

And quite frankly, I think we are doing a better job.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't doubt you two are doing a better job, it's much better having your top agents on the ground. This is the main reason why I have transferred to the anti-Oranje Brigade, where I share the co-presidency with Logan Mounstuart. And you have to admit, the work we've done on Holland has been pretty impressive.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

And impressed i am pavel.
Maybe i shall use this as a template for my England baiting for the next two years.

There is one problem though, due to your interruptions, Holland reached the semi's I would not like to be on OTF the day England reached the semi-finals.

Art, Jason, End of level Boss and Steveeeeee would never let me hear the last of it. Especially if they eliminate Nigeria in the process.

bryanattoni
Member # 60

In my three years as co-President of the anti-Oranje brigade, the only Dutch victories of note have come against Scotland and Latvia, yet they still managed to reach the semi-finals. You can't take your eye off them for a moment.
Malcolm X
Member # 45

quote:
In my three years as co-President of the anti-Oranje brigade, the only Dutch victories of note have come against Scotland and Latvia,
That's impressive.
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read a few posts advocating playing Dyer out of position.
Since he usually plays down the centre for Newcastle, i find it surprising that one should replace a player for one playing out of position.

Dyer has played a fair amount of his career as a wide player, in fact his first few Ipswich appearances were as wing-back, and fullback. Whilst he tends to play in the centre for Newcastle, he still regularly plays out wide for his club, and still shows positional awareness of where his covering fullback is.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfsUp
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for SurfsUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to team selection and tactics, but I've never understood why a manager would consistently play a player out of his accustomed position. For one-off tactical reasons, or to cover an injured player certainly, or if a player is simply a wash and better deployed elsewhere, then sure.

I mean if you're going to play someone out of postion, why not really throw off the oppostion and play your goalie as a center forward now and then? Why would you not deploy your players where they're best suited? Generally, make the tactics fit the players rather than the other way around. Or am I hopelessy thick?

Posts: 2030 | From: A Golden State of Mind | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Dyer's career was really fucked up by Ipswich
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really, he made his name in the centre with Jim Magilton, but British coaches are always going to put him out wide due to his style and size.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dyer is, as I believe the technical term is, a massive wanker.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC