This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Euro 2004 » You Are the Ref's Spread Bet... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You Are the Ref's Spread Bet...
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else been tempted to but the re-issued adidas trimm-trab? I know I have. In fact, I think I'll get a pair on Thursday. Though I still wannt a pair of SL72s. So it depends which pair I come across first. So to speak.

In other news.

I was bored at work yesterday and told one of our regulars that from today we'd have to start charging her for the ice she has in her white wine. Under new company policy, she's entitled to four cubes of ice, and after that it's 30p per scoop.

Naturally she didn't believe me, so she asked my duty manager. He picked up the baton and ran with it. "That's right." He said. "It's like lemonade and pepsi. You can have so much as a dash, but after that you have to pay more."

Today Phil got an e-mail from the gaffer at Morecambe's Wetherspoon (The Eric Bartholomew, natch.) who used to work with us. He thanked us for the extra custom and pointed out that his pub weren't charging for ice.

Hilarious! She'd taken her husband all the way to Morecambe to drink to save herself having to pay for ice that we don't even charge for.

I'll probably get bollocked for this.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone who sticks ice in their wine deserves to be charged. and sent to morecambe.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A-men.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vernons Pools
Member # 324

- posted      Profile for Vernons Pools     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean British pubs now stock ice cubes ?
Posts: 1297 | From: the place with all the pace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only for a fee, obviously...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, nothing exciting happened to me. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the same.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inching towards a century thread here, are we?

I actually hope not. I find the suggestion that I might be the ref's spread bet slightly sinister.

And I do hope that the admin who locks up this section of the forum will do the right thing, and put the "The End" thread on top.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC