This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Recent England cricketer dies at 43

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Recent England cricketer dies at 43
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neil Williams

very sad. One of the most bizarre call-ups ever, but I did enjoy his effort as nightwatchman in his only test.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember his effort as night-watchman.

Sad news. It would be nice if the 'Sex organised some sort of trbute to him.

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at that Oval Test on the first day, with Shastri accumulating runs as and when he wanted on a placid pitch against tame bowling. Dull stuff it was.

He played for Essex for a bit in the mid-90s too, though he was well past his best by then. He had his moments for Middlesex though, definitely.

Sad news. RIP.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember him in the disastrous 1996 Nat West final. Poor chap did a hamstring but was determined to carry on bowling. He endeared himself to the crowd by running up about 3 times and stopping in the delivery stride.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad indeed. How many West Indian cricketers have died at a tragically early age?
Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

A fair few- Sylvester Clarke and Malcolm Marshall died very close together.

Wilf Slack died on the field, in a non first class game.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC