This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Most toadying award ever . . . (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Most toadying award ever . . .
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerrard would have walked this if he'd had any kind of a half-decent World Cup.

Who's David Walliams?

[ 19.09.2006, 20:47: Message edited by: Citizen ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
P Crouch 16/1
<snigger>
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walliams is Matt Lucas' sidekick in Little Britain. I think he swam the English channel for charity, or something.

Nicole Cooke is at 25/1, for Toro's information.

Surely Clarke/Montgomerie will win it, if Europe take the Ryder Cup?

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

And, given the rugby and football failiures, Simon Jones' injury and Joe Calzaghe's inactivity, is probably 1/25 to win the Welsh version again.

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the BBC, Darren Clarke is now 4-1 second favourite to win this.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And, given the rugby and football failiures, Simon Jones' injury and Joe Calzaghe's inactivity, is probably 1/25 to win the Welsh version again.

I think Calzaghe's dismantling of Lacy qualifies him as a real contender for British Sports Personality of the year let alone Welsh.

He's got no chance in the former of course because it happened in March and on Sky but it was an astounding sporting victory.

If not him, Hatton should win it.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually had to double check to make sure you weren't putting John Harston forward as you're second choice, there, HT.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see Hartson getting in the ring actually, It would be more convincing than hisinternational football comeback.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren Clarke is now 6-4 odds on for this, according to William Hill tonight, Zara Phillips is 2-1 and Andy Murray is 10-1.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ykikamoocow
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for ykikamoocow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still smile wryly at the first year the beeb asked for an online contribution and the runaway winner was Justin Fashanu, thanks to some waggish students.
Posts: 110 | From: wirral | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The 7th Baron Bartok
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for The 7th Baron Bartok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'd vote for the candidate who is actually world champion of something.

Until I looked at this thread, and did a bit of related research, I had absolutely no idea that one of our royals was such a magnificently high achiever. Thanks, wingco, you've done the royalist cause a great service with this thread. (er, insert smiley.)

Posts: 4840 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your other half dies and, after a time, you decide to continue to partake in your chosen sporting profession. Forgive me, but where is the "bravery" in this?

Presumably the betting community is already on the lookout for other sportsmen with critically ill family members for the 2007 award?

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Britain once awarded the sports personality of the year to a young footballer who hadn't really done anything of note up to the point that he began blubbing in a World Cup semi-final simply because he'd been booked and would miss the final.

Then, four years later, awarded it to a young racing driver who'd finished second in the championship, but his very popular Dad had died that year (or was it the year before?).

Don't underestimate Britain's need for outrageously over-the-top sympathetic gestures. Christ, remember Diana's funeral.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're referring to Damon, Rogin, his father Graham died in about 1975.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike toreno
Member # 1509

- posted      Profile for mike toreno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham Hill was killed in a plane crash in 1975. Although, I'm sure the fact Damon was his son played its part in him winning it in 1994. I'm not sure Johnny Herbert or Martin Brundle would've won after finishing second to Schumacher.

[ 27.09.2006, 20:10: Message edited by: Mike Toreno Mk II ]

Posts: 513 | From: a gosh-forsaken heckhole | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC