This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Players you love on teams you hate (other sports edition) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Players you love on teams you hate (other sports edition)
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Andy on Dallas. I've only been their once, but I've got a general predjudice against Texas.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Genuine football: LA Galaxy. Mostly because I was nominally a San Jose fan and I believe this kind of rivalry thing is part of the game. I didn't really have anyone else to hate apart from Dallas (see above)
And now you can hate Dallas even more that San Jose is now Houston.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we are talking the Aussie cricket team, Brett Lee is the nicest fella amongst them, surely? But I can't honestly say I hate the team, so he can't really be mentioned.

Gareth Chilcott. Great bloke. Bath. Bastards to an (almost) man.

I'm slightly suprised by GIK liking Martin Johnson. I always thought the point of Johnson was that if he was in opposition to you, he was thoroughly unlikeable. Admirable, maybe, but never likeable.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca: You see that's the kind of thing that has had me forget entirely about MLS since I left the country. While I still follow the results of Bursaspor - a team from a town I lived in for one year 15 years ago - I have no idea what's going on these days in the MLS. And I really don't care. San Jose played at home in the first ever game in MLS history (beating DC Utd 1-0 with a late goal from that famous bloke, now on TV commentary, name escapes me). I know that because I was there. And now what? They don't even exist any more. It's rubbish.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Wind-Up Bird
Member # 1176

- posted      Profile for Mr. Wind-Up Bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bloody hell, ad hoc. What's Dallas ever done to you? I can understand hating the Cowboys, but I'm confused by the Stars - unless you're from Minnesota.
Posts: 664 | From: The bottom of the well, holding a baseball bat | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Wynalda.)

I can think of two that I loved to watch (though they might both be dicks):

Randall Cunningham (Eagles & Vikings Era)
Greg Maddux (Braves era)

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Compare and contrast Pozzato, spitting at Simeoni and nothing to do with Armstrong, or Cipo trying to get him kicked off the team.

Did Pozzato do that? What a complete and utter. Doesn't he room with Big Magnus? I'll have to google that now and read up about it. Cheers.
Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vernons Pools
Member # 324

- posted      Profile for Vernons Pools     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jaime Moreno
Greg Hancock (look him up)
Patrick Roy - I used to bump into him afternoons at a small sports card shop in downtown Boston (when I was working nights) when the hated Canadiens were in town. He was/is ? an avid card collector, as was I then (back in the late 80's). He would happily chat for an hour or two with the owner and me (the only other customer) about sports cards and life on the road with the hated Canadiens. Top drawer bloke.

Posts: 1297 | From: the place with all the pace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mouldy Old Dough
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Mouldy Old Dough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brett Lee - always admired him as a fine bowler and met him once a few years ago and he was a thoroughly nice guy. But his all-round ability as a cricketer and a competitor shone bright in last years Ashes and made Pontings Gary Pratt-inspired outburst show the skipper up for the no-brain lout he will always be.
Posts: 316 | From: Walking down Sheepfoot Lane | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Olly, albeit belatedly.

Sean Long, except I don't really love him as he's a mouthy oaf. However he is the best positional kicker in Super League and I wish he played for Wigan. My friend who doesn't follow League went to school with him, and asked me how good he was the other day. I waxed lyrical to a quite embarrassing extent.

However if I'm watching him play for Saints, all bets are off and I will happily hurl abuse at him with the best of them, so I suppose love is really not the word.

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muukalainen
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Muukalainen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ladislav Kohn.
Posts: 1406 | From: Pohjois-Pohjanmaa | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC