This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Paul Hunter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul Hunter
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dies of cancer, aged 27.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Horrible. He always seemed like a nice guy, too.
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's terribly sad.
Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good God. My main memory of him was from Superstars where he looked a good sport.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But not good at sport.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What sad news. He never seemed like anything other than a really nice bloke.

quote:
Good God. My main memory of him was from Superstars where he looked a good sport.
I remember that. He trailed in last every time, but seemed to be the only one actually enjoying himself. And he was just about the only current sportsman there.
Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looked like he was over the worst of it there for a while. 27 is too young, such a shame.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet jesus. 27's nothing at all. God love him and his family.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awful news. It'd been a long battle, and one I thought he'd beaten. Very sad.

That semi final against Doherty is one of the greatest World Championship matches I've ever seen.

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His daughter's 4 days younger than mine. That really brought it home to me.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad. RIP.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tragic. One always almost expects younger people to fight off cancer, but clearly sometimes that's simply a vain hope. He was one of only two leading snooker players of the moment who really brought any "colour" to the game (the other being Rocket Ronnie, of course) and I think the two of them could have gone on to be the genuine rivalry snooker really needed to drag it back onto the front page - the brooding, dark, anti-hero against the cheeky, handsome, blonde "pop star" with the gorgeous family. It's always true - of course - to say that a sport has lost someone special when somebody dies, but in Hunter's case, he really was and would have been something special to the game. Very, very sad.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, how awful. It left me feeling numb when I read the news this morning.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
This is shit.
Paul Hunter seemed like a top fellow, funny and humble.

RIP

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard about this on BBC 1.

Really, really sad news. A shock as well: I'm not a snooker buff, but I'd seen him in a few fairly recent tournaments and assumed he'd made something of a recovery.

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC