This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheats never prosper? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Cheats never prosper?
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basso free to return.

Fuck.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How has this happened? Kimmage was right. There is no stomach to clean up the port. Either he's guilty and got away with it, which I suspect is the case; Or the whole thing has been abysmally handled and the bloke has been denied what was likely to be his greatest year.

Personally I think Riis and Basso are in it up to their necks and they've got away with it. What are the UCI up to?
I'll be honest Toro, I'm confused.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Italian papers are trying to say that CONI's hands are tied because the Spanish magistrates have ruled that none of the Operacion Puerto documents can be used to discipline cyclists who are not explicitly named in them.

That seems very strange to me, as I don't see what interest the Spaniards would have in taking that position. I also don't see how it prevents CONI from asking questions of the Spaniards implicated in Puerto, which I am not aware of them having done. At this point, the "thinking" seems to be: Well, the Spaniards have these documents that mention Basso's dog and a nickname, but we can't use those because they don't say "Ivan Basso". Let's ask him what he thinks. He says he's clean, so that is good enough for us.

Just not good enough for me (and you guys will remember that I was thrilled when he "won" the Giro and went to the presentation with ursus minor). The comparison with the way the Germans are going after Ulrich is quite striking.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, given that the Giro de Lombardia is on Saturday. Some papers are expecting Basso to race (he has been training on his own for four months), but given the way Riijs threw him under the bus on the day of the Tour Prologue, I am far from sure that that will actually happen.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed intriguing. I don't really know but Ullrich is/was even more of a national hero than Basso is/was.
I agree Ursus. I liked Basso and was pleased he won, but this has a bad smell about it.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Riis, to his credit, isn't letting basso ride Lombardia, though I think it's probably equal parts a commercial and tactical - rather than a moral - decision.

To be honest,I think it's the Italian Federation being arseholes here, using whatever excuse they can to keep their cash cow riding. I mean, the Swiss are going to proceed agaisnt Ullrich, CONI or no.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

(that's the thing; Ullrich is a German national hero, but his license is held by the Swiss federation, because that's where he lives. I think that explains a good bit of the discrepancy.)

[ 13.10.2006, 17:47: Message edited by: Bettini Toro ]

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very hard to disagree with you there, Toro.

Brilliant win by Bettini in the Lombardia. Real Hollywood stuff.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how come everything you embrace with a childlike passion Toro, turns out to have a rotten cancerous heart which makes it basically evil and pointless, and which you wind up denying hilariously. It could be cycling and everyone being on drugs, roman catholicism and the homophobic mysogynism and paedophilia, or liverpool and rafa's not cool attitude to the brothers?

I mean, I half expect you to start up a michael jackson fan club based on his "Invincible" album

[ 16.10.2006, 12:29: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot his embrace of a friendship with you, aiatl.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

"That's when I realized that Lance was really fooling us when he said that everybody was doing as we did..."

AIATL - you seriously think cycling's drug problem has come as a surprise to me?

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Floyd with pictures of Lance's motorcycle-riding mules?

This is starting to get interesting.

and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come on now toro, you know that the thing is completely rotten to the core and a sporting charade, yet you love it? Do you specifically seek out things with a rotten cancerous heart. I mean it would explain liverpool?

What's your local fianna fail cumman so I can sign you up.

[ 16.10.2006, 15:15: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Oh, fuck off. I'm not in the mood.
and I am the life
Member # 227

oh alright.

cranky bastard.

VTTBoscombe
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for VTTBoscombe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading the interview with Basso in L'Equipe today, never any denial , just 'I am young enough to win the Tour etc".
He also says he "is not responsable for the degradation of his public image" (sometimes it is easier in french) - well who is Ivan?
he also claims Riis didn't speak to him for 4 months and last week was their first "chat" since he got canned.
But it really sounds like, Basso doesn't give a damn about his 'indiscretion'.

Posts: 1047 | From: La Côte du Rhin | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC