This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheats never prosper? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Cheats never prosper?
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Hamburg thing is very interesting. The authorities could make life very difficult for AC, almost forcing him into a DNA test. Unlikely, I know but interesting.
Cycling weekly also congratulated certain riders for cleaning up their act in the tour this year.
quote:
Nodding heads and rocking shoulders were the telltale signs, we'll leave you to draw your own conclusions on that one.
Well that's no good. Who are they talking about? Valverde? Who?
Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Evans to me.

The Hamburg/Contador thing is a bit odd; he wasn't planning to ride it, anyway. They also announced they wouldn't allow Rasmussen to ride, but he hasn't even got a team at the moment, so there's no way he could ride a UCI race.

It looks more like posturing than anything, to me, but that's probably understandable, given the climate in germany towards cycling at the minute.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contador has said he'll provide a DNA sample if anyone asks him to, but it hasn't been enough to save Discovery Channel; the team is disbanding for want of a sponsor.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's been pretty clear for a while that they were never going to find someone to take over the entire operation in this climate.

It will be interesting to see what how the Deutschland Tour plays out this year, what with the leader's jersey having "Live Clean" instead of the sponsor's name.

It also looks as if my dire predictions about the Worlds were overly pessimistic, though the riders are going to be tested up the wazoo.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised you think it's Evans. I know he was rocking and dropping but was he a suspect previously?
Where do you think AC will go? My money is Saunier Duval.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

I don't think it was him, most of the riders seem to think he's clean. But the description certainly sounds like the least graceful man ever to mount a bicycle.

Saunier Duval are an obvious place for him to go. Not sure about their budget, though. Millar is leaving, Ricco may leave, unless they let him be Giro captain. Simoni wants to try and qualify for the Olympics in Fat Tired Bikes. Hmm, looks like a good fit...

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Spaniards have withdrawn Astana's invitation to participate in the Vuelta.

I would be interested to see how the whole melt down is being portrayed in Khazakstan.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Is opera the new cycling?
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, my total lack of knowledge of either hinders.

Le Tourandot
Die Floydermaus
Zabelhème

But definitely not:

Carmen

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Bravo! Bravo! Encore!
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Marriage of Fignon

Der Rochenkavalier

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Oooh, it's a duet!
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ring Cycle, surely?
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! I kept thinking about bicycle bells ringing...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Die Mercxtersinger von Nuremberg
La Giroconda
La Lanciculla del West

and of course, anything featuring a basso.

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC