This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheats never prosper? (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Cheats never prosper?
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he was from Bavaria, he'd be looking at the lead role in the Passion Play at Oberammergau, but since he's an Ossi, I think that they will settle for sending him to jail for a few months.

There is clearly significant political pressure to take him down hard over this whole thing.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTTBoscombe
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for VTTBoscombe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it no ones holding out much hope for this Summit on Drugs thing in Paris about to start.

Miller, Voelker and Pineau representing riders and a bunch of authority figures.

Cedric Vasseur isn't hopeful anyway.

Posts: 1047 | From: La Côte du Rhin | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread seems to be the right place to note that Danilo DiLuca looks to be in more than a spot of trouble again, this time over "anomalous" hormone levels in a surprise test sample taken the evening following the Zoncolan stage of last year's Giro . The reason why this has taken the better part of a year to come out is unclear (the fact that it wasn't an immediate post-race sample likely played a role), but what is clear is that the Italian authorities (who have been after DiLuca for a while) are making serious noises about stripping him of the Giro title and imposing a two year ban.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, CONI are on the warpath on this one, it seems.

I read David Millar saying recently, DiLuca is on his uppers* a bit, even apart from that; he's getting shit all by way of endorsement contracts as sponsors are constructing extra-long lightweight carbon-fibre barge-poles not to touch him with.

*ooh, unfortunate colloquialism, that.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about Di Luca as far as I'm concerned was that I always felt that during last year's Giro, it was like watching Landis on the day he got caught. He was so unstoppable and although his form didn't exactly come from nowhere, it did cause the occasional eyebrow to be raised in my house. Di Luca last year was like Basso the year before.
I just want to see more races with riders like Gerdemann. He had an amazing day, was hanging off his bike, his tongue was lolling and he was foaming at the mouth. The next week or so, he was nowhere.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC