This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Fucking Guardian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fucking Guardian
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently on their Sports site :

Great Britain 20-14 New Zealand
Rugby league: Tries from Sam Burgess and Maurie Fa'asavalu helped GB to victory over the depleted Kiwis.
Watchdog blows whistle on 2m charity bill
Wales 50-10 Papua New Guinea
More rugby league

If you follow the lead on the charity story, it's all about some rugger charity. What the fuck's it doing in the rugby league section? The word "League" doesn't even appear in the fucking article.

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a mistake.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop trying to be reasonable!
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, outside the fairly closed worlds of RU and RL, most people don't give a fuck. Bob Mills described the difference between League and Union as "two less idiots". That's pretty much the attitude in most of the country, I think.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

(Including, no doubt, among many of Guardian Online's junior web editors, is the point I'm making.)
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the bright side, Wales did well against Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much the attitude of the whole country, Wyatt, except for the "two fewer" minority.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if I've missed something, but isn't that true of pretty much any sport/ issue? Like, only the people interested in it give a fuck?

The Graun clearly gives a great deaL to both sports. It's not so long ago, pre supplements, that both had to share three or four cramped sports pages in the main paper.

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today's Times had six pages on Rugby Union (helped by the serialisation of Dallagio's autobiography) and not a line on League. Time for a new thread on the Test series
Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What complete and utter arseholes!

(just being supportive)

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but nothing happened in League yesterday, whereas the various Union matches had the nation agog.

I think that stat says more about who the Times readership is than anything else.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a League match on?

I was watching Quins lose in the EDF Cup and then came home to get pissed in front of reruns of Sharpe on UKTV Gold, or whatever it's called now (Norbert, I think).

Great pics of Dallaglio's rake-marked back in the Sunday Times, it has to be said.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC