This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » College Basketball 2007-08 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: College Basketball 2007-08
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An UNBELIEVABLE ending to the Cal-UCLA game.

20 seconds left, UCLA down by four. Big man Kevin Love--who has a decent outside shot, but by no means his first choice--hits a 3 pointer.

17 seconds left, Cal inbounds. UCLA knocks it loose, ball goes out off of the Cal player at the baseline--UCLA ball right under the basket.

UCLA inbounds it, can't get a shot to fall, but Cal knocks the ball out again.

6 seconds left, ball inbounded to Josh Shipp. He pivots, tries to get away from his defender, drives to the baseline and jumps out of bounds, tossing the ball OVER the backboard, and it drops down into the net with 1.5 seconds left.

Cal heaved it down the court, Shipp knocks it miles out of bounds. The timekeepers stopped the clock with 0.1 seconds left--the ball was already out of bounds, don't know why they decided to stop it then (did they see it land?). Minutes pass for them to put 0.7 on the clock, Cal inbounds and misses the three pointer.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw crap.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not like your boys were tourney bound if they won. We had a #1 seed on the line. C'mon!

Highlights.

[ 09.03.2008, 01:18: Message edited by: Inca ]

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The William & Mary Tribe are in the CAA Final for the first time ever after upsetting #1 seed VCU.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotian42
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Scotian42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My alma mater American has a chance to make the tourney for the first time after beating Army to make the Patriot League final. I may need to come down with a Friday flu to get to the game (in order to get on TV, it starts at 4:45pm on Friday).

We get the game at home as well, being the regular season champions. Bender Arena will be rocking.

Posts: 252 | From: The Before Time, in the Long, Long Ago | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats S42. I was amazed to see American doing so well. But that's the beauty of the tournament. Live long enough, even Austin Peay grads will see their alma mater make it.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am beginning to believe that jv's theory does not apply to graduates of certain Ivy League institutions (especially those that neither start with the letter "P" nor are located in the state of New York).

Then again, perhaps it is a sign that I have a very long life ahead of me.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're only one Pete Carrill or Fran Dunphy or Chuck Daly away, ursus.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

I actually believed that when we hired Satch Sanders.

And now it appears that Amaker may well have us closer to probation than to the tournament . . .

jason voorhees
Member # 79

It is funny about Cornell winning, as the first tournament I watched from beginning to end was 1988, when Cornell was the Ivy Champ. They got destroyed, pistol-whipped, bitch-slapped, and annihilated by Arizona, which prompted nationwide calls for the Ivy Champ to not be included in future tournaments.

Then to boot, Princeton was going to play #1 Georgetown the next year in 1989, and was going to be the first team to lose by 100 points, which would cause the Ivies to be excluded forever.

That's why when I close my eyes, I'm still a 15-year-old Sophomore who's getting ready to go to the Friday night high school dance on a cold evening in March, and I decide to watch a few minutes of the Georgetown game before I leave. And it's funny, because Princeton passes the ball for two hours before Georgetown gets called for goaltending. Then they pass it for another two hours, and Georgetown gets called for goaltending again. Suddenly there's only 10 minutes left in the half, and Princeton's up by 10.

Then I go to my friend's house, and we're all ready to go to the dance, but how can you go when it's 27-21 Princeton at the half, and their slow-poke offense is giving Georgetown more fits than a Japanese epileptic watching Pokemon.

It's still a tough call, that final foul on Kit Mueller by 'Zo Mourning. Was it a foul ? Could you give the first ever #16 seed a chance to win by putting them on the line ? What if it wasn't a foul ?

People talk about Duke-Kentucky as the Greatest Game Ever, but that was Indiana Jones/Star Wars highflying insano shit. Princeton-Georgetown 1989 was The Godfather.

Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope American gets in.

I wish William & Mary were in the Patriot League instead of the CAA. It would be much more academically suitable as well as cost-effective.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Live long enough, even Austin Peay grads will see their alma mater make it.
Austin Peay has been in a bunch of times. Or am I missing something?
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Don't think so.

It actually would be interesting to see a list of the Division I schools that have NOT been to the dance since 1950 or so. I don't think it would be that long.

Reed
Member # 55

Well, I can assure you that William & Mary is on that list.

If they upset George Mason tonight and make the tournament, I feel like I should try to go to their first round game. I don't really care about basketball, but this could be a once in a lifetime sort of thing.

Where would they be seeded and where would they play? Any chance they could get seeded in the Washington, DC group?

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

One can derive the list from [url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Tournament_Bids_By_School_and_Conference#Colonial_Athletic_Association]this Wiki of bids by school and conference[/url], and it would back you up on that claim (I don't think Harvard making it in '46 really counts, either).

There's no way of knowing in advance where the committee would put W&M if they make it. They would presumably be a rather low seed.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC