This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » NZ vs England Test Series (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: NZ vs England Test Series
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By all accounts there are an awful lot of skeletons in Jesse's cupboard.
Would they be the remains of things he's eaten?
Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Your Own Personal Jihad
Member # 1595

- posted      Profile for Your Own Personal Jihad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amongst other things, yeah.

I'll p.m. you the details if the rumors prove to be true.

Posts: 147 | From: Between a rock and a hard funk. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bowlers at least seem to be getting their act together so far. NZ 48-3.

[ 15.02.2008, 02:07: Message edited by: E10Rifle ]

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fourth goes in. Count me in for scurrilous rumours about Ryder.

I bet it's to do with armed raids on donut factories.

I love Ryder and Rob Key, they give me hope.

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True or not, I'd welcome a PM, YOPJ.

Several good performances and a good result for England today, especially as Collingwood had said after the last ODI that the team's aim was to 'restore dignity'. Nice to see an English sports team setting realistic targets for once.

[ 15.02.2008, 21:41: Message edited by: Lieutenant Dub ]

Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM please. A trouble shared is a trouble doubled.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

Nice performance by England so far, a good innings for Mustard before Ryder had him for a light snack between meals. His bowling is reminiscent of the great Ian 'Bully' Austin.

I can't help thinking the 17 runs Mustard fell short of the century may make the difference between him and Ambrose starting the tests. It'll be a shame if he doesn't - his keeping is in a different class to Jones or Prior and he looks like he'd be good enough to average 30 or so at number 7.

E10Rifle
Member # 34

Woeful bowling and fielding performance from New Zealand, it has to be said. But England took advantage well.

Collingwood's suddenly turned into Shahid Afridi. Loads of sixes and no fours at all in his knock.

Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crucially, McCullum has just been stumped, when he was looking good. He might have got away with it if he hadn't started walking, and then changed his mind.

60-40 England, NZ don't quite have the middle order Cairns/McMillan bludgers that they used to.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An exciting end to the game, NZ looked like they were going to make england pay for being too wayward in their bowling, Anderson in particular was poor, going for 86!

BUT Vettori should have been given out, his bat was in the air on a runout decision that was given not out. What's the point in the 3rd umpire if they get it plainly wrong? He hit a four off the next ball and got the match tyeing run. England should be really pissed off when they find out.

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you got up early, go back to bed. NZ should cruise this. On second thoughts, watch: McCullum is doing a Gilchrist.

England's innings was an advert for 20-20, some big hits at the end, preceded by 30 overs of dawdling.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evening TR.

No problems, I always get up this early. Listening on the BBC.

McCullum is smacking Jimmy Anderson all over the place. Exactly how short are those square boundaries?

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

Heh. That's cricket on rugby grounds for you (although Christchurch isn't as bad as Auckland).

Very funny run-out there. Ryder's bat gets stuck in pitch, he arrives without it.

Tee-Rex
Member # 609

A quick gloat-post, and the runs stop, wickets fall. I never learn.
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

For the second game in a row, a Kiwi umpire has given the Kiwi captain not out, when he clearly was.

(insert photo of Gatting and Shakoor Rana here)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC