This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » On seconds thoughts, 6N redux plus squabbling thread (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: On seconds thoughts, 6N redux plus squabbling thread
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jackman's throwing was a bit dodgy, but he gioves you much, much more around the pitch than Best, and Flannery's got a broken hand. I'd be very surprised if Jackman didn't start the next game...
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did he break it punching a child or something, maybe it was a frail grandmother? those old biddies really know how to take a punch

I see that the rugby authorities felt that an eight week suspension was too long for stamping on another humans skull. now he gets to play in three of the six nations games. isn't that great

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Tediouser and tediouser," thought Alice...
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, what a load of tripe. I hate having the legacy of the Johnson lads looming large. Would they have taken their foot off the throat at 20-6 at half time? No, they'd have crushed the opposition into the ground and then said "That wasn't good enough, do better next time". I don't know was those idiots masquerading as a coaching team say at half time, but Churchillian it isn't.

GOOD -

1). Wilkinson first half - nice chip 'n' chase and offload, good goal kicking.
2). Scrum. Very pleased to see us fronting up to the Italian pack.
3). Some decent possession.
4). Flood seems to be coming on nicely at 12.
5). Noon defended like Horatius Cocles at times. He may not be the greatest at attack, but by golly he can tackle.
6). Occasional effective support for players chasing balls and making breaks.

BAD -

1). All the second half.
2). Wilkinson losing it again in the second half.
3). Gomarsall - I hate saying it of a Quins player, but it's time to put him out to pasture.
4). Easter looked unfit come the second half (unsurprising).
5). Total headless chicken mode after a while.
6). Still no tries from "proper" back moves which Ashton is supposed to be a high priest of. A chip over the top and a charge down are not the scintillating, thrilling slices throught he line, offloads and changes of angle which will hurt the really top teams.
7). If it's true, Ashton hates Wells and they can't work together. Something has to change, preferably the lot of them on the rubbish heap.
8). AITAL Being a tedious fellow. Go somewhere that someone cares about your anti-rugby agenda, will you?

Heh, you are an international full back, your team is leading comfortably and 40 minutes has just ticked over at the end of the first half. You receive a ball deep in your own 22. Do you:-

a). Lamp it to touch and trust the ref to blow up for the half?
b). Use the players in support, get the ball recycled to chew up a few more seconds and make sure it's half time?
c). Run sideways until you're under your own posts and away from support, look around, hurl a speculative pass 20 yards to no one in particular?

Guess who chose c). ?

[ 10.02.2008, 20:19: Message edited by: Eggchaser ]

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good...Wiggy's little cameo for 20 minutes. A start must beckon.

Bad...The Tongan bloke can't play Rugby yet.

Amongst other things. Nice to see proper control exerted by the FH in the first half, even with some poor service, Gomarsall's faffing about gave the Italians the route back in and they deserved more out of the game in the end.

England rules the break down in the first half, but due to the poor Gomarsall gave up the area in the second, quick ball and options at 10/12 meabt Italy were strung out as the first wore on. Noon broke the line and Sackey and even Balshaw had space and time to pick angles. Second half, the decision making slows, Regan in particular spends his time hitting people and not clearing out, ball slows and the Italian back row start to dominate.

Service improved when Wiggy came on, but by then Cipriani was trying to make a name for himself so the shape had gone. He's really not ready, put him back in the Saxons and look at Lamb or Gerraghty.

Or even better, Hodgson.

Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wales have a fair bit of confidence right now, I can't believe however they're looking like a potential Grand Slam team, but come 7pm on the 15th March and it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
I think Wales are going for the old cliche of champions being the teams that can play badly but still win. I feel that there has to be some playing well and winning in the mix somewhere though
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, here's a depressing stat pinched from the BBC site -

ENGLAND'S LAST 6 TESTS

England 36-20 Tonga - Tait & Farrell second-half tries

England 12-10 Australia- No second-half tries

France 9-14 England - No second-half tries

England 6-15 South Africa - No second-half tries

England 19-26 Wales - No second-half tries

Italy 19-23 England - No second-half tries

I believe two good games by the England forwards at the World Cup have seriously covereded the gaping inadequacies of the coaching staff. No renewal of their one year rolling contracts, thank you.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good man toro, that's told me. great job you're doing there. do you have nothing to say about the reduction of his ban, or do you think it is a good thing?

(goes off to look for a moral compass on Ebay because toro has lost his)

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Can you give me your postal address so I can post you your fucking money and not feel guilty about disregarding your tedious shit for the rest of my life?

I'm not even joking.

Eggchaser
Member # 921

-

Why is this man still at liberty after publicly admitting a premeditated assault on a player?

/AITAL tedious fishing mode/

ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like he's just tripped him. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and y'know he was banned for 6 matches and received a record fine
Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

He was actually banned twice for it, given a record fine, and prosecution was mooted. It's also not a stamp on the skull.

I don't know toro, I'm not fishing for anything here. I'm genuinely trying to find out what you think about jerry Flannery having his ban reduced after such a vicious thuggish assault. Will you welcome his return to the team, or do you think he should be banned for a longer time given that he's such a cowardly violent cunt? are you likely to cheer for him, or are you repelled by the horrendous nature of his actions?

Now I know that it's highly likely that you are probably just going to respond in the rather bizarre ignoratn way that you do when you find it difficult to respond to something. but then again that will probably only lead me to suspect that you don't actually have an answer to this do you? I can only conclude that You don't think what he did is all that wrong.

anyway my address is on my facebook page. That last post of yours by the way is one of the most incredibly bizarre things I've ever seen.

[ 14.02.2008, 16:55: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Eggchaser
Member # 921

Right.

1). Flannery was a silly cunt. He lost his temper and lashed out. It's not clever and it's not smart. It happens occasionally on the pitch and it's never nice. However, to hang him from the trees for it is an overreaction.

2). Not knowing the actual processes of the appeal, other than saying he's a lucky bastard to get his sentence halved, I really can't comment.

3). You really are overdoing this "cowardly stamping on his skull" business, as if Bonnaire now lies stricken in hospital in a vegetative state like Moonpie from Rollerball after the Japanese team smacked him in the head. Even in slow motion it's a kick of six inches, not that this is any better in the intent, but it's not as though he walked up to Bonnaire, got three mates to hold him down and then leapt two footed onto his head which is the way you seem to paint it. Bonnaire was playing for France last week and seems unfazed by the affair.

4). You're also overdoing this "vicious thuggish assault" and you damn well know it. Plenty of teams in all sports have villians in them (often idolised by the fans as their own naughty boys) and plenty of of them have done things they shouldn't have done but to act as though Flannery alone should be pariahed from the game for all time is total bollocks.

Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fast Eddie has made two alterations to the team that will face Scotland at the weekend. Geordan Murphy has unsurprisingly been dropped for Tommy Bowe, and Mick O'Driscoll comes in for Malcolm O'Kelly. Paul O'Connell is among the replacements.

Murphy has been slung out of the squad altogether. Mightn't be seeing him in a green shirt again for a while.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC