This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Training with Astana (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Training with Astana
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty good, Fausto. It's due at the end of March, and will get done for then. Won't be as good as it could be if I had another month, but then I'd probably just take another month to get to the same stage. You have to finish some time.

You should all witness a mellower, more beatific toro toro then.

After that, I think I'll move to London for at least six months, and see if I can get a lecturing job anywhere in time for September/October. Try and get a few more papers submitted duiring thazt time as well, to boost out the CV...

Slipstream/Chipotle are great. Cool/ludicrous gear, hardcore ethical policy, and a really promising young Irish climber, Dan "nephew of Roche" Martin. What's not to like?

[ 27.02.2008, 16:18: Message edited by: The peak of El Toro-quino ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well good luck with all of that Toro.

aw, Felicity, anyone who's cycled any sort of distance can sympathise with your 50 miler. That feeling of turning around at the half way point only to discover there's a head wind you weren't aware of. The thought that you've got to push through the next 20 odd miles is apping enough, but it's not so much the legs and lungs that are the problem it's the hands (you are wearing mitts aren't you?), the ache in your neck, your back and the potential for just running on empty.

The joys of long distance cycling eh?

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I went with your link from a while ago about 'cycling etiquette/style' and wore my summer mitts to match my Milram gear, but it turned out to be insufficient and mismatching it with my gloves-with-fingers would've been the better option.
Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you looked good.
You'll forget the pain - would you have recovered from a kit mis-match?

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

Which side are you on boys?
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Complicated. On this specific issue, I think the UCI are right.

But it's part of a bigger struggle involving Astana being dropped like they're hot by ASO, who are right in that instance.

Only that's part of a still bigger dispute over the ownership of the sport, where the UCI are right...

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

Who do you think are more serious about cleaning the sport up? My hunch is with ASO, but I may be wrong.
Member # 465

I think they're more serious about cleaning it up, but I don't like the idea of corporate ownership - as opposed to sponsorship, which is unavoidable - of sporting events...

It would be nice if one side was in the right on both things...

Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I share the confusion/ambivalence.

I think ANOTHER year without a proper champion defending the jersey doesn't do the Tour, world cycling's shop window whether one likes it or not, any real favours tho'.

Anyroad: when are the 1st Belgian classics on Eurosport? or have i missed any yet?

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ronde van Vlaanderen isn't until 6 April.

Paris-Nice is supposed to start next week, and Milan - San Remo is 22 March.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne and Het Volk have been on - Steven De Jongh and Phillipe Gilbert won...
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

Were they on telly?
Member # 465

I don't know.

In true WP style, I don't have one. (and am telling you all about it...)

Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

WP?
Workers' Party?

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"White People" (see the 20+ page thread on "Stuff that White People Like").

I don't think they were broadcast outside of Belgium, FIGS. Eurosport usually carries the ones I mentioned, however.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC