This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » OTF Fantasy Baseball 2008 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OTF Fantasy Baseball 2008
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a quick precis to the rules for "our" league (roster sizes, categories, etc.)?

I never found one last season, which is part of the reason I played it on autopilot.

And why the hell is the Regular Season starting on March 25? We're going to have snow outs again, aren't we?

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooo which reminds me...
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted the stat categories and the roster positions last year on the thread. Here they are for this season:

Positions
Fielders
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util

Pitchers
SP, SP, RP, RP, P

Bench/DL
BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat categories:
Hitting
R, H, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS

Pitching
W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9

You can update your roster daily. Since each hitter plays quite often each week, this won't have as big as an impact when it comes to your hitters, unless one of your big name players gets injured and you can put in a backup the next day, rather than having someone on your bench. Daily roster changes can have a bigger impact for pitchers--you might only get one start from each guy a week, so rotating in a bench pitcher could mean a lot when it comes to wins. All other pitching categories are averaged, however, so if a pitcher you sub in has a bad game, that could be bad news for you.

Yahoo has more detailed rules on their website.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for that Inca.

And we only have to beat each other? So if I see your team, I just sort mine to suit the game? I didnt really take much notice last year. Too much going on, as opposed to this year.

and indeed HA!

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, this is a head-to-head league, not a rotisserie league. Scoring is done based on the matchups in each of the stat categories against your opposing manager for the week.

Your place in the standings is determined by your total scoring in the stat matchups, not by beating the opposing manager. So no situations where going 12-0 is just as valuable as going 7-5 against someone.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

So we draft in two days, and we need more managers--can't do a live draft with an odd amount, so we at least need one more, and I'd like for us to be at 10, so three more is ideal.

I sent out a call to Lane Doggy, but he doesn't really like fantasy baseball. matej played last year and isn't interested this time around. I also send PMs to Spence and Lipper, who both played last year. But since it's getting near the deadline, feel free to send an invite to any friends you think might be interested in playing.

Vernons Pools
Member # 324

- posted      Profile for Vernons Pools     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca - I will be honest - I dropped out last year because it was a head to head as opposed to rotisserie. My work league is going head to head this season, so 8 of us withdrew - we are simply old fashioned....
Posts: 1297 | From: the place with all the pace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

Hmm--I'm fine trying rotisserie. It's standard in baseball, and I've never done it before. Anyone else object?

Because the draft is approaching with things still up in the air, I'm taking the executive decision and am pushing back the draft to next Monday at 12pm PDT.

[ 17.03.2008, 20:41: Message edited by: Inca ]

vandalmax
Member # 754

- posted      Profile for vandalmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fine with roto.
Posts: 22 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

not bothered. Dont know what rotisserie is, but will get on with it anyway.
Inca
Member # 675

So we draft tomorrow.

I dropped hits as a stat category.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually prefer roto, but won't make the draft (as usual).
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

I'm there for the draft.
Inca
Member # 675

Draft open now. Positions:

1. JV
2. vandalmax
3. Inca
4. ursus
5. Lane Doggy
6. Nishlord
7. Proto
8. gerontophiel
9. hauserheroes (?)

A bit odd (har har) to have 9 players, I'm so used to head-to-head, needing to have an even amount. Since we're pretty close to 10 players, I'm going to leave the roster size as is and stop my tinkering.

jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do we draft ?
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC