This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheltenham 2008 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2008
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else watching horse racing's Olympics?

I've just backed the winner of the opening race, Captain Cee Bee, so it's a great start and a few quid to play around with.

I've been into horse racing since my teens, and between, school, college and very flexible jobs, I've always enjoyed a suitable working climate that allowed me to sneak off for the best part of this week. Not this year though. I don't even have the luxury of St Patricks Day falling during Cheltenham week to avail of the public holiday from work. Damn it. Wish I could have stayed a student for ever.

Anyway, 50 quid up already. Start as you mean to go on, 'n all that. Any other punters out there?

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ring the boss... wring your fucking neck more like.

i'm on sizing europe in the 3:15.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to like it in my teens as well because my Dad and Nan were both into it. I'll never forget the sight of them punching the floor and cheering on Paul Cook (who they knew well) coming second in the 1982 Derby (behind Golden Fleece).

Don't follow it now. My Dad said one horse in this year's Gold Cup reminded him of Arkle, but I can't remember which.

[ 11.03.2008, 15:14: Message edited by: Tubby Isaacs ]

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i'm on sizing europe in the 3:15.
Fucking hell, you'd better get a move on...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Katchit wins a good race, at 10-1. Sizing Europe pulled up.

Hard luck garcia.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was that the Champion Hurdle? Bastard, I missed it.
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok 4:00

I pick Fundamentalist.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

and double bastard, Katchit was wearing pink and green!!!
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shame about Sizing Europe, who at least doesn't appear to be lame.

In the Channel Four pre-race piece John Francome fell in love with the horse, saying he would want to own him above all others in the field. The trainer Henry de Bromhead seemed a likeable fellow too.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

I was in love with a horse called Triptych, many years ago... stunningly ugly looking filly, with a heart the size of a planet... used to finish 2nd or 3rd in everything.

When I finally saw it win a race, I burst into tears, as I did when she died.

gerontophile
Member # 954

the phrase going backwards springs to mind about Fundamentalist.

I love the Festival... the races are brilliant

Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Profitable day. I had Katchit at 11/1 for the Champion Hurdle. Had Noland got up in the Arkle I'd have won a small fortune as I had him with Katchit and Captain Cee Bee. But that's betting isn't it?

Second Irish winner of the festival in the 4:40 (An Irish 1,2,3,4 in fact). I don't expect a high return for the Irish raiders this year. There certainly won't be the nine and ten wins they achieved in 2005 & 2006.

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

nice one. Who do you fancy for the queen mother?
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

So many jokes. So many jokes......
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

I'll be backing Tamarinbleu. It's a tough race to call - the leading four horses all priced roughly between 5/2 and 5/1.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC