This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheltenham 2008 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2008
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats fairly usual. I have no idea, I didnt have an eye on it this year. Or the Gold Cup...

All the best horses are sitting in a stable with a cigar (hanging outside) laughing their asses off (if you were Desert Orchid, you would get that)

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan Mountstuart the 3rd
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Logan Mountstuart the 3rd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had 5 euros on Katchit. I've won twice at Cheltenham with Voy Por Ustedes and he's never let me down. Not sure about his form this year though. It'll be really hard for me to back against him, however.

I'm in the Kauto Star camp for the big one.

Posts: 1774 | From: a sea of lactic acid | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stemmed my losses a bit today with an each way on AP's mount Kruguyrocva in the second race, but otherwise had a bad day. Champion Hurdle was a great race nonetheless.

Still one of the best weeks of the year, sport-wise, all this though.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll not be losing owt today...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having to miss Cheltenham this year I'm finding real life during Festival week horrifyingly humdrum in comparison.

Scott Fitzgerald said that when you give up the drink you have to get used to life in a different, paler set of colours. If this is what not being at Cheltenham means (and drink plays a big part it) then I'm damn sure I don't want to get used to it.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look at the Gold Cup tomorrow... its the most open for years.

And wtr, is it through choice?

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personal finances are strongly against the idea and work seem non-negotiable on the requirement to attend the office at least a few times in the month of March.
Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

the Gold Cup is now on Friday?

Oh well, Voy Por Estedes for the Queen Mother. Crappy price though, and absolutely not a certainty... going to be a very good race.

Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decent start to the day. Backed Fingeronthepulse last night at 10/1, and Albertas Run at 9/2. No joy in the Queen Mother, but one more win and I get a treble up in todays selections, which, given the decent prices of the aforementioned winners, would be a good pay out.

If only I could see the bloody races.

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was an incredible run by Masterminded, it has to be said. Not that I backed him. I had early leader Tamarinbleu who faded horribly.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As did I. My two winners have come with two runners up in Mossbank and Over the Creek. Nothing like a flutter to make you wonder 'what if....'.
Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

Went to The Worst-Smelling Bookies in Victoria to watch Denis O'Regan ride the most brilliant race and Inglis Drever win the Word Hurdles for the third time.

O'Regan waited and waited and then starting moving serenely through the field as they made the last turn. He took the lead jumping the last.

Kasbah Bliss came again but Inglis just refused to let go and sheer bloodymindedness took him home by a length. Thrilling sport.

[ 13.03.2008, 21:35: Message edited by: What's the rumpus? ]

Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's winning the Gold Cup then? Is it a two-horse race between Kauto Star and Denman?
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

Today is shaping up to be like yesterday. I had five second places yesterday and in today's opener I had second placed Refinement at 10/1.

I'm going for Denman in the Gold Cup. The distance is more to his liking I reckon.

Impact Substitute
Member # 213

It's a real slog out there. The drizzle is adding to the soft going, and todays races have been gruelling finishes. We'll see how Kauto Star and Denman fare with this, my feeling is that Denman will be more suited to test of stamina in the run home.

I'm doing well today. Already have an each way double up with Refinement and Nenuphar Collonges. I had a fiver on Nenuphar at 14/1 to boot. I also need one more winner to double up with Celestial Halo.

Can't wait for this Gold Cup though. The sort of race which doesn't require a betting interest.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC