This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » Cheltenham 2008 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2008
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet a reversed forcast on Denham and Kauto Star, and a whopping 5 on Kauto Star.

Fuck me backwards... that Denham is a good, neigh, scintillatingly good horse. I dont mind that I barely broke even.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was an excellent post to post run from Denman, and a textbook jumping performance. Running out front and maintaining a swift pace had the desired effect in tiring Kauto Star over the last mile. He was helped by Neptune Collonge setting the pace from the off, which benefitted that horse by ensuring the rest of the challengers were strayed off, and the coveted third place achieved.

I made a profit on the final day, which meant I just about broke even over the festival. As for the festival, as ever there was some great racing, with Denman and Masterminded the outstanding performers. Wednesday's cancellation was a disappointment, with nine and ten race cards overbearing in a festival where six-race days are more than enough excitement and competition.

So, on to Aintree and the Grand National, three weeks from today.

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fergies ocg
Member # 106

- posted      Profile for Fergies ocg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of the Grand National, I've had an early flutter on Butlers Cabin, got 16 to 1 on him, as I saw him win at Cheltenham last year when he was a 40/1 shot and he followed that up with the Irish Grand National. So I think he has a chance, although McCoy is riding on him and he didnt really hit form at Cheltenham this year.
Posts: 517 | From: the cradle to the grave. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC