This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » MLB 2008: The year of anti-Boston (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: MLB 2008: The year of anti-Boston
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the nice advantage of being in a position of rooting for a team that has absolutely no shot of winning anything, and therefore will be a blast to see in person.

Go Nats! You fucking losers!

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I had tickets to see the Dodgers-Red Sox at the LA Coliseum, but I'm not one of the lucky 120,000. It's easily going to be the biggest crowd for a game ever.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go Nats!!

I'm also continue to support the Reds, which is a fairly pointless exercise. I also like the Pirates because their low-A affiliate is in my hometown and I support them. Also, very pointless.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reed. Matej.

I'm sure you are both nice fellows.

But may you be damned for all eternity for supporting the Nationals.

Your MK Dons jerseys are in the mail.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better send one to Inca too, for supporting that team.
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go......I'm still a free agent.

Yes, Amor and I have had many a discussion about Joe Carter's homerun and the legitimacy of the Toronto Blue Jays. He has since convinced me that Canada is a worthy holder of the title of World Champion in baseball, but I arrived there grudgingly.

Toronto-Atlanta was great, but left me a little sour after Minnesota-Atlanta. Because Minnesota-Atlanta was The Greatest World Series of All Time, I was really pulling for Atlanta with their young, energetic team and great quasi-racist fan gimmick.

Toronto-Philly, however, wasn't the Greatest World Series but most definitely was The Craziest World Series Of All Time. Whatever the brakes are that stop teams from scoring....were broken. They couldn't stop scoring if they said "hey, it's getting too late, let's end this thing already."

I'm sorry you or anyone didn't see Minnesota-Atlanta, Inca. It was the last of the great division races (when there was only 4 divisions,) with both teams being the first-ever to go worst-to-first. Atlanta was entirely full of young stars, while Minnesota's best players were old-timers on their last ride. I mean now you hear 4 games decided on last bat, 5 games extra innings...but really think about what that means with baseball. I mean one World Series game decided on the last at-bat would be incredible, same for extra innings.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotian42
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Scotian42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those Toronto world series are great memories for me as well. I grew up north of Syracuse, and saw some (though admittedly not many) of those players ply their trade in the AAA affiliate Syracuse Chiefs (now the more socially acceptable SkyChiefs). I was very into the games, collected baseball cards, the whole deal. But I fell away from the game. I guess I'm starting to get back into it now, with DC having a team of its own (sorry AG). With all of the young players to watch develop, the likelihood of stars getting sold (rather than called up) at the end of the season...it's like watching a highly paid version of my old Chiefs. Maybe it's time to see what design Topps has on the cards this year...
Posts: 252 | From: The Before Time, in the Long, Long Ago | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sorry you or anyone didn't see Minnesota-Atlanta, Inca.
Huh?

Matej, I wouldn't call myself a full-blown Dodger supporter, but I worryingly find myself inching ever closer to being one. If I ever moved anywhere outside of SoCal, I think I would have to get a Dodger blue blood transfusion by wearing a Dodger cap, to represent LA to the fullest and turn everyone against me. I know I could piss everyone off more by wearing a Laker jersey, but I can't pull off that look.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the wording it sounded like you didn't see it.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I've got no beef with Inca and his Dodgerdom. To be perfectly clear, I am totally hypocritical about this. Teams moving don't bother me, per se. My team moving bothers me. And so it is only Nationals fans who are on the receiving end of my everlasting curse.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

No, I saw it JV. I remember having shop class the next day after Game 7 and none of us getting any work done, just talking about the game, and Mr. Kelty yelling at us "AAAAAAAAAW-rite! Back to WEEEEEEEYRKKKKK!"
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will swapany of a hat, shirt, batting shirt, or a vest, when they couldnt be bothered

What team do you all like?

HAHAHAHAHAH

Is it just me?

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have remembered... Joe Carter. The whole room, whern I sat were bouncing... oh fuck

Thank you

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not our fault the Expos got screwed by their owners, then raped by Jeffrey Loria, then rogered by the league again for good measure, and its not our fault that Peter Angelos kept blocking an expansion team from coming to DC despite his claim that "there are no real baseball fans in DC" and the fact that the markets chosen instead - Miami, Tampa, Phoenix and Denver - were certainly no better than Washington. It's not our fault that Clark Griffith moved the Senators (a franchise that had been very successful in the 1920s) to Minnesota because he was a racist and wanted to move to a city with more white people. It's not our fault that Bob Short (also responsible for moving the Lakers out of Minnesota and then selling them, ironically, to Jack Kent Cooke, who later owned the Redksins) was a bad owner and traded for Denny McLain then decided to skip out of town to Dallas.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

All true, Reed. And yet, here we are - eternal Damnation for the pair of you.

Life's funny, isn't it?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC