This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » New Orleans Saints at Wembley (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans Saints at Wembley
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine whose birthday is two days after mine has decided that she wants to go to London to watch the Saints play the Chargers at Wembley on 26 October to celebrate her birthday, and she wants me to go too. She has mentioned it to family members and they want to come along (she didn't think they would want to).

Does anyone know how I can get tickets for this for less than $400 each?

[ 13.03.2008, 00:08: Message edited by: Femme Folle ]

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flights or the game?
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean, I can hardly imagine tickets to the game will change hands for that much. I could be wrong though, some people get crazy for some things, but the two teams don't have so much a following in the UK as the Bears and the Dolphins.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the game. I just did a search and all I found were US ticket resellers, who always want several times the face value. I was thinking it might be easier to get someone over there to help me get them.

[ 13.03.2008, 01:30: Message edited by: Femme Folle ]

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

Oh sure - and they should be able to do it a lot less than $400. From what I can tell it hasn't even gone on sale yet, but I can be quite hopeless.

Flights for less than $400 is a good challenge though...

Femme Folle
Member # 25

I'll be more likely to get a deal on my flight than the ones coming from New Orleans, especially if I buy early. It's all happening around the time I like to travel anyway.

An OTFathon would be interesting. It would be like two of my worlds colliding.

jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For any Englishmen going to the game, remember...

On an 8-count it goes...

WHO DAT - WHO DAT - WHO DAT SAY THEY GON BEAT THEM SAINTS ?

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And anyone who cheers for the Chargers is a WANKER of the WANKIEST order.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a soft spot for the Chargers (friends in San Diego), but I couldnt possibly cheer for them against New Orleans, after all the shit they have had to deal with.

Fortunately the Redskins are not coming, or I would have to kill everyone to make sure of a ticket.

(to change the subject entirely) there was a rumour both online and off, that the MLB were going to stage a game in London... I am assuming that it was total bollocks, unless any non-European otf-ers know different?

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

I haven't heard that one, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I know that the Red Sox are playing their season opener in Tokyo, but I guess that doesn't help you much.
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
London tends to be the default choice when MLB officials discuss the not terribly pressing question of "Where could we play international games in Europe?". It wouldn't surprise me if it got another look in light of the recent NFL and NHL games (and rumoured interest from the NBA).

The choice of venue would be an interesting one. I don't see Lord's or the Oval letting them rip up the turf to put down a diamond (especially given the location of the wicket). They may think that runaway success of the Red Sox-Dodgers exhibition game at the LA Coliseum provides hope for playing games in football stadia, but I really don't think you would want to pick a venue with miserable sightlines for a majority of the spectators if you are trying to introduce people to the sport.

Perhaps one of the Aussies knows if there have ever been baseball games played at major cricket grounds downunder.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's been at least one game at the Oval; I know because I went to it.

The diamond was OK, partly because it was in what for cricket is of course the outfield, and partly because I think they just stacked some soil on top of the grass rather than ripping it up.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting; if they put the Diamond in the cricket outfield, what did they do with the wicket (which presumably would be in the baseball outfield? Cover it up with sod?

I have a feeling the MLB players' union wouldn't go for an installation that just had soil on top of the grass. An alternative might be "sliding boxes" as we used to have in stadia with artificial turf, which only extended about fifteen feet or so from the base itself, leaving most of the area between bases turfed.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I chose the Saints as 'my' NFL team way back. Bought a cap and jersey when I went to N.O. in the 90s.

Maybe I should pay this 'Wembley' a visit.

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For last year's NFL fixture I got a ticket three days before the game when the returned complimentary tickets from players and staff were sold through Ticketmaster. Not many people seemed to realise this was happening and I had no problems getting one.
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC