This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » New Orleans Saints at Wembley (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans Saints at Wembley
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting, Statto. Were you aware this was going to happen and therefore waiting for it, or did you receive notification, a tip-off or what?

I'd fancy seeing a game again if it was cheap enough.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be fun if we could get an OTF group together to attend this along with my group. I think it would be kinda funny to hear my friend ask, "How do you know all these people?"
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes... FF a thon would be wonderful.

However, I am not paying $400 for a ticket.

75 tops.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't either, but my point was that surely if the intention is to get people over there interested in the sport, they wouldn't make the ticket prices so prohibitive that people couldn't afford them. Would they?

The ticket resellers here know that people will pay crazy money if they really want the tickets.

For example, I have bought my oldest nephew two tickets to opening day at Yankee Stadium. I paid $250 each for tickets that have a $60 face value. But I really wanted them, so I held my nose and paid the price.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck!

I couldn't/wouldn't stretch to 75. Try half that. I'm probably fucked, then. Maybe see you in a local pub for the 'thon before/after the game? Hopefully we've got just about enough time to arrange it? ;-)

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

Ya think?

We could do that, or we could have a 'thon on another day while we're there.

statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed it was 75, though it was second row back, top tier, smack bang on the halfway line. Glorious view.

The sale was announced by the head of NFL UK in a live phone conversation during the live coverage on Five the weekend before. I believe it was also trailed on the NFL UK website.

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I even mentioned it in one of my Londonist pieces a couple of days before:

http://londonist.com/2007/10/nfl_giant_dolph.php

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC